Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change Domains - On the same host server and with all the products

harjot

Total Posts:  61

I need help to transfer my site from a test server to a different domain on the same server host. I know i need to run the install again but will the products still be there, and will the images work. I know the images use url or domain tag so its flexible but am not sure. The other thing am having a problem with is DHL shipping causing a error #202. Does anyone have the same error?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Running install again won’t remove your existing data nor media files, it will just create a new app/etc/local.xml.

If you just changing the domain, you can edit core_config_data table and set appropriate domain names:

update core_config_data set value="unsecure.domain.com" where path='web/unsecure/host';
update core_config_data set value="secure.domain.com" where path='web/secure/host';

Magento Community
Magento Community

harjot

Total Posts:  61

Thanks, So just use the same db and run the install on the different domain by deleting local.xml file

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community