Magento Forum

Image function not working/html editor? 

fairycakes

Total Posts:  2

Just installed my first magento store as I am looking for an alternative from zencart. (over 100 zencarts store built & running to date)

However I cannot get the browse for image function to work and there is an actual error in the magento back office page.

When clicking the orange browse files button - nothing happens but I get a yellow warning triangle on my browser saying that there is an error on

Line: 910
Char: 13
Error: Error #2176

Any ideas - i’m just trying the basic functions to see how stable/quick and user friendly the software is.

Also as all of my clients are not web designers - is their an html/xhtml editor available so they can format descriptiions etc correctly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Meth0

Total Posts:  13
Brisbane - Gold Coast QLD Australia

If you did a quick search in the forum, you would have found that this is a flash 10 player security protection related error. Uninstalling 10 and installing 9 fixes the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fairycakes

Total Posts:  2

Thanks - didn’t actually find the search untill after I posted the topic or I would have used that...(would be good if that was at the top of the page)

Is magento quite buggy with players/i.e/firefox etc? Could be a problem as many of my customers are not pc savvy (yet run their zencart shops and make lots of money) and I don’t want to be asking them to uninstall and reinstall components on their pcs.

Is this something that will get fixed or will this not be amended till the next version of magento? (not read enough on the forum to know how bug fixes are processed)

Its seems a bit slow in the back office but I’ll keep plodding away.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community