Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Retrieving lost MD5 key

liejian

Total Posts:  3

Hi everyone,

During setup, magento created the md5 key for encryption. I wrote it down but now can’t find it. Is there any way I can change it or retrieve it somehow? The database still only has test data so it doesnt matter if I lose existing encrypted data. thanks!!

LJ

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ameagher

Total Posts:  25

Hi,

The only thing you can do is create a new key.

You need to go into PHPMyAdmin and connect to your Magento database on your server.
Find table ‘Admin User’, select ‘browse’ and find the password field, change the password (write it down!), then select MD5 in the ‘function’ drop down to the left of the pasword field. Select save and you’re done!

Cheers,
Anthony

Magento Community
Magento Community

liejian

Total Posts:  3

Thx!

Is this for changing my admin password though? I am looking to change the md5 key that was generated during installation. thx again!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community