Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Memory Issue when trying to upgrade to 1.4.2.0 via SSH

fragrances

Total Posts:  37

I am tearing my hear out with this one. When trying to update to 1.4.2.0 using SSH, I get the following errors:

This is the error that comes up in SSH when I type: ./pear mage-setup .
shmat() failed:  Cannot allocate memory
Failed to start up concurrent users module!
Out of memory

This is the continual error in the log:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ffmpeg.so’ - libavformat.so.52: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory in Unknown on line 0

I have tried upping the limit on both the .htacess and the PHP.ini file with no luck. I am running Magento on a VPS, so memory should not be a problem. Would any one please have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

you have restarted apache after changing php.ini?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragrances

Total Posts:  37

Yes, I have restarted apache. Even bumped up the memory in the php.ini file to 512M.

I believe the issue may relate to the fact that the ffmpeg.so as it not installed on the VPS. Just waiting for the web hosts to do that for me now. Will post back my results in the hopes that it may help someone else in the future as not being able to upgrade via PEAR has been painful to say the least and not an experience I want to repeat.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community