Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 15 of 16
usps api not working

flavormed

Total Posts:  25

flavormed - 10 March 2011 05:54 PM

rondata - 09 March 2011 07:44 AM
flavormed - 07 March 2011 06:53 PM
Anyone try this with 1.5? USPS doesn’t seem to work on my magento v1.5. I’m planning on using the files supplied in this thread for 1.4.2 to see if they will work.

edit: if you want to see what I’m talking about here’s my website: www.flavorofmed.com

-Pete

Hi Pete,

This is the first time I’m hearing about USPS not working on 1.5

Can you tell me what’s happening?

Hi Ronda,

The problem I had is that it would give me a ‘shipping method not available’ in the frontend. But, after (edit) re-entering in my username in the back end (I upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.5) it showed up. However, first class mail doesn’t show up at all, only priority, parcel post and express appear.

-Pete

Never mind, my lighter items are able to get first class mail to show up.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Col. Hajj

Total Posts:  38

I still have the USPS shipping issues after upgrading from 1.4.0.1 to 1.5.0.1 :(

The only reason I upgraded was to fix the shipping problems and that was a bust.  Now I also have those stupid iPhone and Digital SLR dummy blocks I can’t seem to get rid of.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossmannsupply

Total Posts:  34

lurebeauty - 27 January 2011 05:13 PM

Follow this link here:  http://www.growdevelopment.com/blog/magento-usps-shipping-calculator-fix

and scroll down to the January 13th post by Daniel.  He attaches the two files needed, (i attached them here too) ... that is what is what worked for me, and make sure you upload to your CORE folder, not local.  I deleted the local ones that i created (I assumed they were supposed to be put in local but Daniel said you have to overwrite the core for something like this).

/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps.php
/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/etc/config.xml

I had high hopes for this doing it. I had high hopes for making the max package weight 5 lbs doing it, selecting all shipping options, selecting only a few shipping options, selecting rectangular, but nothing does it. I’ve checked the production URL, that my userID works, and USPS still won’t work as an option with Magento. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

cat1sun

Total Posts:  6

I haven\’t had any luck getting usps setup on magento 1.5 either.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I applied for the user id here
http://www.usps.com/webtools/webtoolsapirequestform.htm
and entered my test store url
www.tognar.com/teststore/
got the User ID and password back from usps via email
and entered the user ID into my USPS setup field- My user id is 12 characters long, and I notice that when I enter and save configuration it changes to only 6 characters long (could this be the problem? It is not visible so I can\’t see what is going on there)
I only have the one store, so everything is under default config.
the url in setup is set to
https://secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPITest.dll
Enabled-yes
machinable- no (I assume this would only apply to letters?)
I have highlighted the preferred methods
ship to all allowed countries
Show method if not applicable -yes
debug- yes
sort order blank
I just get the message
This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.
Please help!
Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

cat1sun

rolleyes
Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

socialbuzzin

Total Posts:  30

I have been without USPS for over a month now and can not find a solution that works. I run Magento ver. 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

cat1sun

Issue Resolved by calling 1-800-344-7779
and asking to be moved onto production server.
I now have shipping quotes!
Hooray!

Magento Community
Magento Community

socialbuzzin

I tried calling them and they said they moved it, but nothing has changed on my site. Still no USPS

Magento Community
Magento Community

socialbuzzin

If I signed up for a new API account with USPS and they said they moved me to the processing server.... I know I need to update the new user name I got in the User ID section but.... Is there anything else I need to update to show this new User Name/User ID? For example: is this in any of the files I will need to edit?

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

East Texas

I am running 1.4.01 and did the below fix manually.. and it works.. thank God!  after months of using a fixwd shipping rate Ill be glad to going back to weighted posgtage.

http://www.growdevelopment.com/blog/magento-usps-shipping-calculator-fix

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

East Texas

reshel - 13 April 2011 10:06 PM

I am running 1.4.01 and did the below fix manually.. and it works.. thank God!  after months of using a fixwd shipping rate Ill be glad to going back to weighted posgtage.

http://www.growdevelopment.com/blog/magento-usps-shipping-calculator-fix

i found out that im still having problems with the pay pal transfer for the shipping fees for payment.. Im not sure what is causing the problem more.. not getting paid for the shipping or having the usps api throw the error that its not availabe now..

now its not working after unistalling the multi-table rates extension..matrix estension.. I cleaned up the extras it left behind and now the usps api is not working again.

any thoughts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

East Texas

i wish we could all at once just bycott USPS and go with a different shipper..

Im so sick of not having this work..

Ive even installed a test shop in another directory - clean install and tried three different fixes listed here and on these other site url instrucxtions listed for 1.4.0.1 and I am still having a problem not getting this to work..

I dont know what to do.. my production site has a problem with pay pal shipping fees being transfered which I installed a fix for and its still not working.. wondering if that a problem, but i didnt installthe fix on the clean install test shop

Attention GURUS!!!!
Id consider PAYING to fix my usps for me for the right price. Im a poor widow so be easy on me…

contact me via email at info@zipporahsthimble.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

78racing

Total Posts:  10

Reshel

What I had to do was turn off the transfer shipping methods in the magento admin panel, go to; system/configuration/paypal/express checkout settings-set Transfer Shipping Options to NO . The new Paypal interface will redirect them back to your site anyways to complete the payment process and they can not checkout until they choose there preffered shipping method.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

East Texas

@78racing

Do you mean :
Transfer Cart Line Items?

i am not using express i am using :

Paypal website payments standard,,

i do not see any options for transfering “shipping”.. just “cart items”

Transfer Cart Line Items reset to NO

i had it set at Yes.. we will see what happens.. maybe that will fix one of my problems.. thanks!!

now to get the usps api to work on my 1.4.01 version

still not working no matter what i try…

anyone have any sucess on version 1.401?? i need help..

Magento Community
Magento Community

coopcarl

Total Posts:  1

I am totally lost on how to get my USPS shipping to work.  I can only get Library mail to show up on my check out.  I am not a programmer so how can I fix this.  I need to be able to offer the flat rate shipping boxes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 15 of 16