Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout Page Visits

michamum

Total Posts:  124

I was looking through my Cpanel stats and noticed that I had over 100 visits to my site today (it is a new store), and the checkout page was visited 22 times, however I only received 2 sales?

I’m not sure if I should be concerned?  I’ve checked the checkout page and all seems to be okay, not sure why 20 other visits would be made to the checkout page without sales?  (Why would a customer bother going to the checkout page if they’re not going to purchase?)

Any advice?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Hello again wink

You can check whether those 100 visits were customers or bots by going to Admin > Reports > Shopping Cart > Abandoned carts.
At least that will give you an idea of how many people got as far as the checkout but didn’t complete the sale.

But my guess is that for a new store, most of those ‘visits’ are probably bots.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Ah yes, I have had a lot of activity from the ‘bots, just checked the abandoned carts and there’s no activity there, which makes me happier.

Thanks again for your help Neil !!!  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community