Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to downgrade from 1.4.2.0 to 1.4.1.1

Jerry Guo

Total Posts:  85
china

I have a big problem when I upgrade to 1.4.2.0 , like

ASchroder SMTP Pro not working, never send email.,
catalog search nothing, I have replace it with 1.4.1.1 catalogsearch code
slowler than 1.4.1.1
more resource spend , my vps was broken so many time per day,
error log say “Cannot allocate memory: couldn’t create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/******/public_html/index.php”
and always read /etc/local.xml , I have to insert Allow from 174.* 127.0.0.1 localhost into .htaccess
and I don’t know when I will get new unknown error .

so I want’ to downgrade to 1.4.1.1 , it is real stable.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

china

I tried 2 days to downgrade it,

but database was upgrade, I never success because category product indexer failure, I try to reindex by ssh, it say: unknown error.

so bad, anyone have idea that downgrade it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Do you have a backup database for v1.4.1.1? If not, all bets are off.
Also, most webhosts have backup service, you can ask to restore a database backup or entire site, it likely will cost you a fee though.

Presuming you have a backup copy of your database for v1.4.1.1, do these steps:

1. create a new database, import your backup copy from phpMyAdmin
2. delete the entire site, then run a clean installation of Magento v1.4.1.1.
3. copy over your custom theme - I assume you make a backup before you perform #2
4. re-install any third parties extensions that your site uses.

If your webhost can restore your site to previous version, above steps aren’t needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

china

it is so sad that I don’t backup db for 1.4.1.1,

I have a huge import products after upgrade, if I backup db for 1.4.1.1, it is also have a large work.

so I try to downgrade , but no success. and have too keep new version so far, and upgrade VPS . cost much again.

loose!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoweredProduction

Total Posts:  4

I didn’t realize the issues that I would have with 1.4.2 - but we built our store on top of 1.4.2, so we never used 1.4.1.1, we have hundreds of products and attributes etc… So there’s no way to downgrade the core of magento???

What about rebuilding my theme and site off-line and taking an export of my database? 
Am I just stuck?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

PoweredProduction - 22 February 2011 07:09 AM

I didn’t realize the issues that I would have with 1.4.2 - but we built our store on top of 1.4.2, so we never used 1.4.1.1, we have hundreds of products and attributes etc… So there’s no way to downgrade the core of magento???

What about rebuilding my theme and site off-line and taking an export of my database? 
Am I just stuck?

Just out of curiosity, but what would make you think that downgrading from 1.4.2 to whatever version would eliminate the issues you are having? Could you list the issues you are having? Downgrading/upgrading may not even solve the issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PoweredProduction

Total Posts:  4

CT Schubert - 22 February 2011 05:35 PM

PoweredProduction - 22 February 2011 07:09 AM

Am I just stuck?

Just out of curiosity, but what would make you think that downgrading from 1.4.2 to whatever version would eliminate the issues you are having? Could you list the issues you are having? Downgrading/upgrading may not even solve the issues.

There’s not an issue with Magento, but modules that I need for magento - the developers have not maintained their projects…

Magento Community
Magento Community

tber

Total Posts:  80

the same here. got an older version 1.4.1.1 database backup.

the pitty: was updating to 1.4.2.0 and then..... MRG is NOT RUNNING (yet!) on 1.4.2.0 *bleh*
so i installed a clean 1.4.1.1 copied my old backup database 1.4.1.1 but reindexing doesn’t work, checkout doesn’t work hmmm

anyone a helpful hint?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bertran

Total Posts:  17

Hi there,

Just in case if this issue is still actual for someone I would like to share the otion that I found working when you need to downgrade Magento store.

It is actually not quite downgrade. You simply install new Magento store of a necessary version and then move your database from an old version to a new one. This can be done with Cart2Cart. It works pretty well and really fast. Moreover it supports seo migration for Magento, so you won’t loose any search engine rankings.

After that you will have to take care about managing design and modules. Unfortunately it has to be done manually. So, yes, it is a bit complicated, but still better than nothing.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community