Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

add a static page in top menu

abitnerdy

Total Posts:  1

i would like to use the top menu (where the categories are listed) to point to a page with “about us” information (static). I have created a page in the cms, but wonder how to get this page viewable in the menu bar.

my approach is probably wrong, so it would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with a push in the right direction…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

You need to create a static block with the link.
Then, into the phtml file o the navigation, you need to call/create that static block at the posistion that you need.
This is a possible approach to solve it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

There are lots of posts about this in the forum.
Here’s one on hacking the phtml file: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/21707/

There’s even an extension for 1.3.x.x. versions: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/OlivertAr/extension/657/navigation-bar-administrator

Or the easiest way with no hacking is for you to create the content as a static block (as suggested), and then point a category entry to it, by selecting ‘static block only’ under ‘display settings’ in the category admin area. If you look at my site (URL in sig), the right-most menu (support/info) is done this way. Each article/page under that is a static block.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

chomik

Total Posts:  1

Thanks a lot NeilA, that is a very nice solution and I think the easiest way to do that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

G_Mehta
Guru

Total Posts:  418
India

Check my extension to show CMS pages itnto navigation menu

Cheer!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

you can check out Flexible Menu extension. It makes adding menu links for pages of your site really easy.

Image Attachments
menu-bottom.pngmenu-sidebar.pngmenu-top.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community