Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Deleted database, refreshed site, NOW I HAVE the missing pages

yvonney

Total Posts:  9

Hi, as mentioned elsewhere here, though I didn’t quite get it..
Anyways: I have a hosted space, all the RIGHT things needed for install, install goes well [though checking the box to bypass HTTPS stuff]

And then… I get the frontpage though no My Account pages… and no backend to be found anywhere..

So, I go and delete the entire database in phpmyadmin..
I go back to the site’s homepage, refresh firefox and after a while ...Boom… I now have the ‘create customer account and login page’

No to figure out how the admin section is accessible..

UPDATE COMMENT : yep!!! just make sure that this is what’s there after your domain name in the URL:
/magento/admin/

login is admin
password is 123123

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  unreal… I think we are really really fortunate after the endless wait for other scriptzzzzz…

Any comments welcomed!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi yvonney,

To be able to run the installation wizard again after you dropped the database you just have to delete app/etc/local.xml. It is the way where you can define configuration setting yourself and not have the default ones.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community