Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Exporting data from 1.4.1 - need to import into 1.5.0.0-alpha1

XexorZ

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

First off, thanks much for such a great community / application.  Super feature rich open app (bravo!)

My question:
How can I move products (preferably in bulk) from an existing / running install of 1.4.1 to my beta site running 1.5.0.0-alpha1?

I tried using Export from 1.4.1 (all products) but upon import into 1.5.0.0-alpha1I receive the following:

Product Type is invalid or not supported in rows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68

* File is totally invalid. Please fix errors and re-upload file
* Checked rows: 68, checked entities: 68, invalid rows: 68, total errors: 68

I can only assume the format has changed - perhaps?

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated!

Be well,
XexorZ

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

korserv

Total Posts:  5

im getting same error.. not updating from 1.4 though, on a fresh 1.5 beta install - trying to import csv.

i built the csv from a product i had published through the magento admin panel, exported csv, edited and saved a new copy with the new products onboard..

but i get the same error, all ‘product type invalid’ to every line.

ill try switching ‘simple’ in product type to ‘simple product’.. might get a fix, ill let you know but anything more than that im baffled! :(

EDIT: didn’t help changing the product_type_id or type field from ‘simple’ to ‘Simple Product’… not sure how to fix this.. any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

korserv

not sure if you’ve figured it out or not, but i fear we have both been a little silly........

ive just found i was trying to upload the file into the wrong section!!

you need to upload via:

SYSTEM ----> IMPORT/EXPORT ----> DATAFLOW PROFILES ----> IMPORT ALL PRODUCTS ----> UPLOAD FILE ----> RUN PROFILE

just as you do when you export....

i myself was trying to upload in the system--->import/export--->import which was just a stupid oversight.

not sure if this helps the OP, but, if anyone else is silly enough to make the same mistake i did - should fix it for you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

azizou

Total Posts:  3

Hi All,

I have the same probleme of XexorZ, i tried DATAFLOW PROFILES but same probleme.
I export product of magento 1.4.1 in a csv file and i try to import it in magento 1.5.

Have you find any solution?

THKS

Magento Community
Magento Community

georgiedekker

I just updated to 1.5.0. rc.
It seems Magento finally has updated the import functions.
If you export a csv and open it with excel, you’ll see that from now on products can contain 2lines instead of just one.
this makes it a little harder to just copy paste old csv information. You need to render the data in some way that all required data is on the correct lines.
A 1.4. csv will be read and about half of the products won’t be recognized.

That’s what I found out. I hope someone will have some kind of solution fast, because I was just about to import a view thousand products…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamaljoshi

Total Posts:  46
Ahmedabad

HI,

I have the same error, I have export whole products from my store, and then i have deleted all products cause i m testing for another purpose. I am trying to autoincrement sku based on website ids for that i have to remove all my products so that i can check its working properly starting from 1, after that i have tried to import that downloaded CSV,it gives me errors.  Again Now i have inseted only 1 product and then tried in same manner, also gives me same error.

REGARDS,
KAMAL

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

korserv - 06 January 2011 11:55 PM

EDIT: didn’t help changing the product_type_id or type field from ‘simple’ to ‘Simple Product’… not sure how to fix this.. any ideas?

Name of the column should be:
_type

Field value:
simple

This works fine for Magento ver. 1.5.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynts

Total Posts:  102

When you import your products go to system/import export, and go to dataflow profiles this will import your .csv file with no problems

Magento Community
Magento Community

robsmcd

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same problem, I have checked everything in the csv and it looks fine, this is the error it gives me. btw, I am going system > data flow profiles > import all products, I have recreated the export file several times, not touched it, and then tried to import again, all fail. See screenshot of error:

When I try and do the import directly from system> import, when I run the file it gives me the the second screenshot.

If anyone has any idea what is going wrong let me know, I am saving the file in .csv and editing in excel??!

Image Attachments
magento_import.jpgexport_magento_2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenifferjones

uk

im getting same error.. not updating from 1.4 though, on a fresh 1.5 beta install - trying to import csv.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Berich007

Total Posts:  12

Hello,

You can simply move all data from one Magento version to another via Cart2Cart. You don’t need to go through all that csv files and dozen of mistakes. The service will move data automatically. From my personal experience I can say that I didn’t get a single error.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community