Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Main sProduct Images Not Displaying After Ver 1.1.6 Upgrade - RESOLVED! 

dell

Total Posts:  61

Bit of a puzzle here.  Main image on product display page has holder and zoom in correct positions but the image itself is not displayed. 

When I right click for properties within the image holder I get something similar to:

http://www.ultra-ion.us/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/1/1/1150_2.jpg�%20alt=

Browsing the above address gets 404 error.

If I cut the jiberish off the url to:

http://www.ultra-ion.us/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/1/1/1150_2.jpg

(removing the �%20alt=) I browse to the desired picture.

I’m at a loss.  Any ideas??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi,

Can you check if you don’t have rare characters in the following file ?
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/media.phtml
or the equivalent for your theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

Problem Resolved!

SeL thanks for getting back.  Your’s was a valuable hint.  Actual solution required a fresh download of version1.1.6 into a dummy file so I had access to uncorrupted original V1.1.6 files.  I loaded a fresh version 1.1.6 media.phtml and a fresh version 1.1.6 boxes.css and that cleared it up.  For whatever reason they had not correctly upgraded.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community