Magento Forum

HELP! My category in backend don’t work when i add a product. 

gauti

Total Posts:  9

Hello everyone, I have started working with Magento and I bumped into a big problem and can’t figure out.

Right after a fresh installation of Magento, everything works fine included my categories, but as soon as I add a product to my store, the category funktion breaks. (in backend).

I’ve attached a picture of how it looks (the “categories “ (in backend)) when I added a product.

It must be said that I’ve tried to install it around. 7 times. both Magento ver 1.4.2.0 and Magento ver 1.5.0.0-alpha1 and the same happens every time.

all my file permissions are set to 777

I really hope that somebody can help me.

M.v.h AndersBischoff

Image Attachments
after.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jorgb

Total Posts:  9

I have the same problem! Already found a fix for it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

onlylovenilan

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.
---------------------------------------------
directory submission

Magento Community
Magento Community

wpnfancy

Total Posts:  21

Has anyone got an answer for this, i’ve got Magento 1.5, have deleted var locks and var cache plus reindexed a hundred times, all cache cleared, still having trouble.

The problems arising are -

A) empty/white page when trying to add and related product/upsell/category to a product (when clicking back all your changes are lost)

B) cant search back end under ‘manage products’ just returns the same page

C) cant edit categories or create new ones - well you can create them, but you can’t add any products to it - you click to add products A, B, and C and it links the category to random products L, F and X as soon as you save it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Slivee

Total Posts:  1

I want to setup my own web page with product pictures, descriptions, and prices. I will be getting all that information from my suppliers.
NewEgg Promotional Code

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community