Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Which one to use with Quickbooks POS - Authorize.net or Quickbooks Merchant Service? 

ChimeHost

Total Posts:  10

Based on the research, this is probably going to be the setup -

- Quickbooks Point of Sale
- Magento
- Webgility ECC for sync of orders, items etc
- Authorize.net or Quickbooks Merchant Service

Now I have people recommending to use Quickbooks merchant service in POS because it will keep things organized but Quickbooks merchant service is not available with Magento.  I found this plugin for quickbooks but I don’t think it’s under development anymore. 

On the other hand, Authorize.net is available in Magento and Webgility Ecc seems to offer the option to capture authorization after the order is shipped.

Not sure if I should pay someone to code module for Quickbooks merchants and have both online and instore payments go through Quickbooks.  On the other hand, simply stick to Authorize.net for online payments and manually process payments in store with a terminal.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

3Dmerchant

Total Posts:  6
FL

ChimeHost - 24 December 2010 10:40 AM

Based on the research, this is probably going to be the setup -
Quickbooks merchant service is not available with Magento.....
On the other hand, Authorize.net is available in Magento and Webgility Ecc seems to offer the option to capture authorization after the order is shipped.

HI’- let’s address two separate items. First, you need a GATEWAY for the online store. That can be authorize.net. Authorize.net does is not a credit card processing company, however, they were purchased by a company that does offer that service. It’s two contracts. I point that out because you can choose any credit card processing company and use it for both your online store and retail store. The bundled plans offered by Quickbooks merchant services and authorize.nets parent company are fine for small companies with under $100,000 in revenues, but especially when you get over $500,000, you’ll want to do more research about fees.
So assuming you like the set up you described, authorize.net and any processor solves the online store to QB for you.

You don’t mention what the brick and mortar store set up is. You can use a PC with integrated swipe device as one option. With a monthly service fee (usually around $20) you can have a Quickbooks plugin.
Alternatively, if you have a desktop terminal, you’ll need to get the data from the processor to the QB file after settlement- that can be more of a challenge but it can be done. Check with your current processor for solutions or ask the questions if getting a new one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ClaraofEatIt

Total Posts:  2

I say keep your ecommerce separate from your brick and mortar sales that go directly through POS Software Check out www.accupos.com and get everything from them including a processor that works with Magento AND integrates with your POS Software .  I have been advising on this for a while and I don’t know another fully integrated POS that allows you to integrate directly with more than one processor without a third party software.  It seems that Magento and AccuPOS POS Software are the solution....

thanks!

Clara

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Total Posts:  18

hi..

Quick books merchant service are very great plan to use in your Point of sales system store.. Is there possible way to update it automatically after cross our sales fees around($20) in our store..

Please give me any suggestion about it..

Thank you!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

adalinaabella

Total Posts:  4

Haseena - 26 January 2012 09:28 PM

hi..

Quick books merchant service are very great plan to use in your system store.. Is there possible way to update it automatically after cross our sales fees around($20) in our store..

Please give me any suggestion about it..

Thank you!!

Yup! I agreed.... Service of Quick books merchant is really great. I also used it. I think this is good. Furthermore, you might be explore more.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community