Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout taking way to long (5 Minutes)

cuda71

Total Posts:  4

We are having a checkout problem, our site is taking MINUTES not seconds .  We have customer trying to checkout and reporting that the system is taking 5 - 8 minutes to process on submit. We have of course tested it ourselves, and it does take every bit of 5 minutes to process. 

Anybody have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks,
Bill

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Did you checked the server logs? (Apache, Mysql).
Did you set the Magento logs into System -> Configuration -> Developer?

I think that you need to start there trying to detect any possible issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cuda71

Thanks Damián Culotta,

I think we have optimize Apache and the db all we can. We will look into the Magento setting in “Developer”, Thanks for the advice.

I don’t know if it helps anybody that is willing to help us trouble shoot our problem but, it also takes an unusually long time to login to the admin. Not the 5 minutes like the checkout but, a good 45 sec.

Anymore Ideas??????

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentohostinfo

Total Posts:  20

It could possibly be database lag… a little more information about your environment would be nice.  Is this on a dedicated server with the web server and database server on the same box?  Also is this a new store with this problem or a store that was working fine in the past that all of a sudden has this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cuda71

It is a dedicated server with Media Temple, the database is on the same box. It is a new store running 1.4.1.1.

The store has about 10,000 grocery items in lots of categories but, the store runs great, it is just the CRAZY 5 minute checkout time.

We are using Onestep Checkout and we have enabled it, and disabled it, set either way, checkout time was the same 5 minutes.

Our site is LIVE and the checkout time is killing me.

URL= http://ehomedelivery.com/shop

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community