Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multiple websites - common base

twiddly

Total Posts:  16

I need multiple websites, with similar functionality, to share a common base but be customizable for different layouts, features, etc.
All the websites run off data from local pc applications and the data is sync’ed with the web database.

Each site of course has its own unique url (on my server) but they all run off a common database.  Each site will have its own store (or, possibly multiple stores).

Will also need separate admin per website so clients manage their own backend, and admin functionality needs to be configurable per website (i.e., I turn on/off various features, functions...).

What is the best way to structure/configure magento to support something like this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

twiddly - 20 December 2007 04:48 AM

I need multiple websites, with similar functionality, to share a common base but be customizable for different layouts, features, etc.
Each site of course has its own unique url (on my server) but they all run off a common database.  Each site will have its own store (or, possibly multiple stores).

Magento provides this out of the box. You can check How Multiple Websites & Stores Work Knowledge Base article for details.

Will also need separate admin per website so clients manage their own backend, and admin functionality needs to be configurable per website (i.e., I turn on/off various features, functions...).

There are currently no plans to implement such a feature.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community