Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to enter Credit Card info on Payment Screen

dmaclean

Total Posts:  1

Has anyone experienced an issue with checkout where the credit card fields on the payment page are grayed out?  We’ve had several customer complaints about this but cannot recreate it ourselves.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

repeaterstore

Total Posts:  35

Hi dmaclean,

We got a report of this problem from a user this week. We are running magento version 1.3.2.4

The customer said that the problem started when he initially entered the wrong bill to address. He changed the billing address and was then able to enter credit card details. But then the transaction failed as the billing address didn\’t match his credit card.

We tried to recreate the problem but couldn\’t.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

Total Posts:  46

We have experienced the same issue over the last 6 months, and it seems to be getting more prevalent. We are not able to reproduce it either using both Macs and PCs on Opera, Safari, Firefox and Explorer. (We are on 1.4.0.1)

The only common thread that we have noticed from our customers that are having issues is that most have told us that they are navigating to our site via Bing and using Explorer.

Maybe this might shed some additional light.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

I think the issue is being derived from IE9 and a old version of prototype

try adding this right below the title tag in your theme’s head.phtml

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

Because I am not a fan of forcing compatibility I did a little reading after posting the previous and found that the issue is caused by an outdated version of the prototype. Try updating the version of prototype to 1.7

Just rename your old prototype.js file to -prototype.js and upload the new one and test.

You’ll find 1.7 at prototype.com/download

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

@ heirik

Thanks for the input.

Changing the code in head.phtml and upgrading the prototype library solved the issue.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

UPDATE: It looks like this workaround broke part of the backend on our site (v1.4.0.1). I discovered that the product images would not appear in the editor anymore, and when I would try to upload additional views of the product’s images, they would immediately disappear. The only way I could add images was through a product import. However the images all showed up on the front end, but not in the backend.

Found this thread ... http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/222052/#t306323

Magento Community
Magento Community

CrazyMaze

Total Posts:  4

We were having the same issue.  Credit Card information could not be entered.  Once the transaction amount was reduced to under $8000, it worked!  Went in and changed the “Maximum Order Total” in the Admin panel System>Configuration>Sales>Payment Methods>Authorize.net.  Just need to verify limit on the Authorize.net end now.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community