Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Paypal Website Payments Pro error: Duplicate Invoice ID

sohit

Total Posts:  1

Hi Guys i am getting the same error. It is due to multiple stores and shared paypal account in between them. Magento extension http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1419/custom-order-number-pro might help.But i won’t bet on it for long till the next upgrade comes. Also its a paid extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shamann

Total Posts:  15

Updating reserved_order_id to greater number in sales_flat_quote resolved that problem for me. I have posted my steps in following thread.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/36685/

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreeNoodle

Total Posts:  12

The best way to solve the duplicate invoice issue is:

joyously - 12 December 2008 07:12 AM

If you look in the eav_entity_store table, you’ll find where they store the increment prefix and the last ID used for the various IDs. You can change the last ID to start at a different number.
See eav_entity_type for which type is which ID field. This table also has the increment_model field which is how the ID is incremented. You can set the pad character and length too.
If there is not an entry for the number you want to change, just add it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wanflap

Total Posts:  7

I have the same problem, and I’m running 1.4.0.1. This problem was first reported in April, 2008!
I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itmontreal.ca

Total Posts:  4

Unfortunately, for me clearing the old orders or changing the order number to be a bigger number didn’t work.

After spending couple of hours I have finally found the solution to this problem. It may seem trivial but if you don’t enter Paypal API Username, password and signature in the designated area of the backend it seems like Magento works in “Unileteral” mode. In otherwords it will process your test order only once and it will generate the infamous PayPal gateway has rejected request. Payment has already been made for this InvoiceID. After entering the Paypal API information this error disappeared for me.

I hope that this will help someone to resolve their issue.

Best Regards
Ecommerce Montreal

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryukyufire

Total Posts:  21
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for sharing the information, itmontreal.ca. It solved my problem with Paypal.
I clicked the orange button “Get Credentials from PayPal” in the section “API/Integration Settings” just in the paypal settings.
After API Username, API Username, API Password and API Signature filled, the issue disappeared.

Magento ver. 1.4.2.0

itmontreal.ca - 21 February 2011 07:39 AM

Unfortunately, for me clearing the old orders or changing the order number to be a bigger number didn’t work.

After spending couple of hours I have finally found the solution to this problem. It may seem trivial but if you don’t enter Paypal API Username, password and signature in the designated area of the backend it seems like Magento works in “Unileteral” mode. In otherwords it will process your test order only once and it will generate the infamous PayPal gateway has rejected request. Payment has already been made for this InvoiceID. After entering the Paypal API information this error disappeared for me.

I hope that this will help someone to resolve their issue.

Best Regards
Ecommerce Montreal

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stefano Lanzani

Total Posts:  9

Hi, I have a Paypal payment standard instead than the PRO, however I am still experiencing the same issue: on checkout, paypal charges the transport costs again. I have inserted the API credentials (User Name, password and signature) as suggested, but still no success. I’m using Magento 1.4.2.

Any suggestions??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stefano Lanzani

Total Posts:  9

Hi, I have a Paypal payment standard instead than the PRO, however I am still experiencing the same issue: on checkout, paypal charges the transport costs again. I have inserted the API credentials (User Name, password and signature) as suggested, but still no success. I\’m using Magento 1.4.2.

Any suggestions??

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikonratm

Total Posts:  84

Anyone just getting here (from Google), this is what worked for me, FWIW:
http://www.e-commercewebdesign.co.uk/blog/magento/increment-invoice-id.php with a couple notes:
1. In my DB, the invoice entity_id was 16, not 18.
2. Customers that were receiving this error before I made this fix required me to go in to sales_flat_quote and set “is_active” to 0 (I’m sure I could have changed the reserved order id for those quotes but this seemed easier and safer).

Magento Community
Magento Community

omitsis2

Total Posts:  23

nikonratm, I found the same solution that you, but this only solve that orders. But what I have to do not happen again?
I think the problem occurs when a customer cancel the paypal action and come back to web.

So I modified the cancelAction in app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/controllers/StandardController.php adding that line:

Mage::getSingleton(\'checkout/session\')->getQuote()->setIsActive(false)->save();

just before

$this->_redirect(\'checkout/cart\');
line

First of all I thought that was solved the problem, but problems had became.

Any solution?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2