Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Temporarily suspend sales over the Xmas Holidays

ChrisEdge76

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

From Friday my site will be closing down over the xmas period and we will not be reopening until early January.  We dont want to take any orders as many of our products would be for Xmas presents therefore we want to be able to remove the add to basket option on the site or to temporarily suspend the checkout.  I dont particulary want to close the site down for SEO reasons.  I had hoped such an option existed in the config of the admin but I cant see anything anywhere.

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vinnc

Total Posts:  27

Hi ChrisEdge76. You will be turn off checkout in admin. Go to system->configuration0->sales tab->checkout and change enable onepage checkout and Allow Guest Checkout to “NO”. More decisions on my blog.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community