Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable Weight Option under “Shop by Shopping Options”

motorecycler

Total Posts:  49

When i do a search on my website, i have two options under the “Shop by Shopping Options” One is category and one is weight.  How do i get rid of the weight options?
THanks!
dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webcitz

Total Posts:  128
Appleton, WI

Hey Dave,

In the administration, go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes.

Then, go to the second page where you will find “Weight” as an attribute, click on it. You will need to turn off the setting for “Use In Layered Navigation” which is may somehow be set to Yes. However, I don’t believe Weight can be set to yes (for layered navigation) since it isn’t a dropdown or multiple select field. Did you by chance create an additional attribute for weight? If not, I would check to see if you have any fields set to Yes, such as the first three under the Frontend Properties tab.

If that doesn’t work, someone else will probably chime in. I didn’t see any other posts regarding this question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

motorecycler

Total Posts:  49

I was just getting ready to give an update. I tried to do just that, but like you said, i was not even able to set it for layered navigation (it was not changeable, and it was set to no. ) I changed it to search-able, then back to non-search-able and then It said i needed to rebuild the search index… Not sure why, but after i did that the weight was gone and only category was displayed. Just like i wanted....

Still don’t know what happened, but looks good now. Weird.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community