Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why is it importing 4 images per product? 

Neovidere

Total Posts:  17

When I import my csv file I have it set to tell magento which file is the thumbnail, which is the small photo, and which is the large photo…

large (500X500)
/I-3288_b1.jpg

small (265X265)
/I-3288_b2.jpg

thumb (135X135)
/I-3288_b3.jpg

I created 3 files at those sizes and they are sitting in the media/import folder

I ran my import script and everything imported.

When I go to view the product, the thumbnail displays. I click it and the small photo displays. If I click that it opens in a lightbox window.
But when I am on the product page it says more views and displays the same image 3 more times. When I roll over each image they say _b1, _b2, _b3 respectively.

Also, when the lightbox opens, it says image 1 of 4

How do I import the csv file with all the images but with out the MORE VIEWS?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Neovidere

Total Posts:  17

I know what happened.

I was having trouble getting images to import and one solution was to set EXCLUDE to false, so I did.
When I go back in and select exclude for all the images, the main images display just how I want and MORE VIEWS is gone.

I reimported the csv file with exclude set to true in the Product.php and all is well

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community