Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I use cities to calculate sales tax? 

JCloutier

Total Posts:  3

I have been trying for the last two days to set up magento for the tax laws here in South Carolina. I have contacted the states Dept of Revenue, and they informed me that it’s impossible to properly calculate sales tax based on zip code.. She literally laughed when I told her what i was trying to do and wished me luck :/. Many of the zip codes here are shared by multiple counties/cities most with differing tax rates, and the sales tax has to be calculated based on the place where possession takes place ie. the the shipping address.

I looked through magento connect and I saw accurate tax and tax by city but neither seem to compatible with 1.4. Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community