Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help Link to Facebook

jefreygunion

Total Posts:  21

Hi,
I’m trying to figure out how to add the proper syntax to the page “vert_nav.phtml” (located in the /template/navigation/catalog folder in the ‘app’ area) to enable a direct link with a Facebook page. This is the string I need to incorporate the link into:

<div class="box base-mini mini-twitter">
<div class="head">
<h4 class="title"><?php echo $this->__('Join us on') ?> <span class="blue"><?php echo $this->__('Facebook') ?></h4>
</div>
<div class="text">
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('twitter')->toHtml() ?>
</div>
</div>

The Facebook link is:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soekris-Engineering-Inc/117429404991433

I’m on Magento 1.4.1.0

THANKS!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jefreygunion

Total Posts:  21

Thanks for the idea!!  For the most part it does work as you’ve srcripted, but I’m having trouble with the CSS now. Can’t get the link to Facebook to display correctly. I’ll get it figured out one way or the other.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community