Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding the cart to the right bar using the Modern theme

wastedtalent

Total Posts:  15

Hi All,

Using the Modern theme, I’m looking for the best method to have the cart (that exists in the left bar) appear in the right bar while using the 2col right bar layout.

After scouring the web and referencing my docs, I’m at information overload. Looking to see if someone can clarify this procedure as clean as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wastedtalent

Total Posts:  15

After reading through the Designers guide to Magento, the waters have definitely become more clear.

Trying to locate the content block for the cart sidebar, I keep searching catalogue.xml when it was located in checkout.xml. Editing the reference from “left” to “right” did exactly what I wanted.

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">

To:

<reference name="right">
            <
block type="checkout/cart_sidebar" name="cart_sidebar" template="checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml" before="-">

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community