Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Missing class top-link-wishlist 1.4.2.0

Michael Artyushenko

Total Posts:  20
Zaporozhye, Ukraine

in Magento 1.4.2.0 missing class “top-link-wishlist”. Near the link “My Wishlist” no icon downer

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bramcycle

Total Posts:  5

The “top-link-wishlist” class within the a-tag of the second “top-link” is indeed missing in the 1.4.2.0 update.
It seems to also ignore the my_theme\template\page\template\links.phtml template, don’t know if this is somehow related, can’t figure it out big surprise. Hopefully users will report the bug, so developers at Magento will fix it soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Commative

Total Posts:  130
XXX

Hey guys.  I had the same problem, but I fixed it!

Open the file /app/design/frontend/default/your-theme/layout/wishlist.xml and find the code that creates the wishlist link.  It should look like this (probably on line 39):

<action method="addLinkBlock"><blockName>wishlist_link</blockName></action>

Now change it to this:

<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="wishlist" ifconfig="wishlist/general/active"><name>My Wishlist</name><path>wishlist/</path><label>My Wishlist</label><prepare/><urlParams/><position>30</position><li/><a>class="top-link-wishlist"</a></action>

You can, of course, change the “top-link-wishlist” to any other class name you prefer.

Magento Themes by Magentist.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bramcycle

Total Posts:  5

Advanced stuff from you Magentist, thank you very much for this quick-fix: wishlist icon is back in all it’s glory!
Bookmarked (the help section of) you’re nice looking site:  Any solid information about all this xml – php riddles is greatly appreciated, and not only when it fails but also just to learn: thanks again wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

wien173

Total Posts:  8
tokyo

Magentist - 13 December 2010 11:47 AM

Hey guys.  I had the same problem, but I fixed it!

Open the file /app/design/frontend/default/your-theme/layout/wishlist.xml and find the code that creates the wishlist link.  It should look like this (probably on line 39):

<action method="addLinkBlock"><blockName>wishlist_link</blockName></action>

Now change it to this:

<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="wishlist" ifconfig="wishlist/general/active"><name>My Wishlist</name><path>wishlist/</path><label>My Wishlist</label><prepare/><urlParams/><position>30</position><li/><a>class="top-link-wishlist"</a></action>

You can, of course, change the “top-link-wishlist” to any other class name you prefer.

Magento Themes by Magentist.

Language transferring of “My Wishlist” from EN to other Language seems not to be good.
I modified like below;
<name> </name> -----> <title></title>

Magento Community
Magento Community

vladino

Total Posts:  8

Thanks for help but for me and corect language translation is this

<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="wishlist" ifconfig="wishlist/general/active"><label>My Wishlist</label><path>wishlist/</path><title>My Wishlist</title><prepare/><urlParams/><position>30</position><li/><a>class="top-link-wishlist"</a></action>
<label>My Wishlist</label>.........<title>My Wishlist</title>

Magento Community
Magento Community

davidDWQ

Total Posts:  149
Querétaro, México

Many thanks to ”Magentist” and ”ficus online store” That fix it!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

linuxconsult

Total Posts:  17

works like a charm, thanks to everyone

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community