Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Grid Problem since 1.4.2.0 !°

JermainC

Total Posts:  5

Dear developers / community,

great update so far. Unfortunately, I do get a strange problem since the 1.4.2.0 Upgrade.

My grid in a 1 column design shows only three items per row. It is not dependent upon the image or box size. I checked that for almost 2 hours now playing with the CSS and Configuration.

Last is set to:

Grid 8,16,32
Products per Page on Grid 8

The category is correctly set to my custom design. Page Layout is set to 1 column. I DID NOT CHANGE ANY VALUES SINCE THE UPGRADE. So this is why I´m stuck here somehow. And I wanted to go online the the shop in 2 days.

Cache, Indexes etc already refreshed.

Can you help me?

P.S.: Interestingly, it seems also to appear with other templates, such as modern design and default…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JermainC

push?

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Version 1.4.2.0

Using default package and default theme

If the category is set to 1 col layout, by default the width of the

<li class=\"item\"> is 280px which allows only three items per row

boxes.css -

.col-1-layout .listing-type-grid li.item {
width: 280px;
}

in the default theme reducing this width will allow more items on the row

Magento Community
Magento Community

Commative

Total Posts:  130
XXX

I think the “8,16,32” settings your referring to are the pager limit definitions, which dictates how many products show per page, not per column.

Open the file /app/design/frontend/default/your-theme/layout/catalog.xml and add this code under the “addPagerLimit” lines, but right above the “product_list_toolbar” line:

<action method="setColumnCount"><count>4</count></action>

You can, of course, change the “4” to however many columns you prefer.  Remember to do this for both the “Category default layout” section and the “Category layered navigation layout” section.

Magento Themes by Magentist.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JermainC

Hi again,

thanks first! But unfortunately this didn´t help. I checked everything so far.

It would be the best if anybodycould tell me what exactly changed in 1.4.2.0 regarding the Grid view. It came simply with the version update.

The problem occurs with EVERY template that it shows only 3 Items per Column. :/

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

With the default package/theme the 1 col layout uses boxes.css to set the width of each item.

The default setting of the <li> class “item” is 280px.  If you reduce this setting you will get more items per col.

What happens when you change this setting in your Firebug?

Image Attachments
pic1.pngpic2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

JermainC

SOLVED!

Thanks, great!

All best,
J

Magento Community
Magento Community

imwy2cool

Total Posts:  164

People please please please NEVER say “SOLVED!” without posting your solution. It does the rest of us a lot of good to read that without a solution for how you solved it. If you ever come back and check this please kindly display the solution and how you solved it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community