Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Upgraded to 1.4.2 and am now getting errors

Baskettcase

Total Posts:  48

When I try to checkout I get this error:

ErrorSQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column 'ca.sort_order' in 'order clause'

and then when I try to create an account I get this error:

Cannot retrieve entity configeav/

Does anybody have any idea of what might be the problem? We’ve been going at this for over 6 hours now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RevolutionPoet

Total Posts:  9

try reindexing. clear ur cache if you havent.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baskettcase

It ended up being a missing value in an eav table. We’re not sure if Varien missed it on the upgrade, or if for some reason the upgrade forgot to update the table.. still not sure, but Yuriy was able to fix it for us!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mdixon

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I am having the same problem - could you possibly post the fix?

Regards,
Matt

Magento Community
Magento Community

sphoid

Total Posts:  4

Please post the solution. It’s very frustrating to find someone else has solved your problem and not been courteous enough to share the solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baskettcase

Apparently I wasn’t subscribed to this thread as I thought I was. Thanks to someone on twitter they brought my attention to the replies.  This was the solution that I was told:

=====
As far as I remember it was - “additional_attribute_table” field in eav_entity_type table.
It must have value “customer/eav_attribute”. 
=====

Hopefully that helps someone. I have no idea how he figured it out, but there you go.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VeGGie

Total Posts:  2

UPDATE `eav_entity_type` SET `additional_attribute_table` = \\\’customer/eav_attribute\\\’ WHERE `eav_entity_type`.`entity_type_id` =1;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dolcemilano

Total Posts:  26

I seem to be grtting errors when I try to impliment this fix in my SQL, what am I doing wrong?

#1054 - Unknown column ‘’customer’ in ‘field list’
UPDATE `eav_entity_type` SET `additional_attribute_table` = ’customer / eav_attribute’ WHERE `eav_entity_type`.`entity_type_id` =1

This is what I get as an error, can I get step by step directions for this fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks
Guru

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

**Updated 6 Jan 11: Handle additional missing value**
I believe that we can confirm this issue as well.  The additional_attribute_table and entity_attribute_collection columns were empty.

Dolcemilano, your post indicates that there was an issue with character encoding. Try this:

UPDATE `eav_entity_typeSET `attribute_model` = 'customer/attribute', `additional_attribute_table` = 'customer/eav_attribute', `entity_attribute_collection` = 'customer/attribute_collection' WHERE `eav_entity_type`.`entity_type_code` = 'customer';

Backup first!

Obviously, if your Magento tables use a prefix then you would need to adjust accordingly.

File Attachments
magento-customer-entity-fix-v01.sql  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 427)

Magento Community
Magento Community

georg@orgoniseafrica.com

Total Posts:  22

Order saving error: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1052 Column ‘sort_order’ in order clause is ambiguous

This one looks similar in a way. It happens when I try to create an order for a customer in the admin backend.
I have to do this frequently for larger orders with negotiated prices.
Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

connor2k

Total Posts:  14

blueben - 23 December 2010 05:55 AM

I believe that we can confirm this issue as well.  The additional_attribute_table and entity_attribute_collection columns were empty.

Dolcemilano, your post indicates that there was an issue with character encoding. Try this:

UPDATE `eav_entity_typeSET `attribute_model` = 'customer/attribute', `additional_attribute_table` = 'customer/eav_attribute', `entity_attribute_collection` = 'customer/attribute_collection' WHERE `eav_entity_type`.`entity_type_code` = 'customer';

Backup first!

Obviously, if your Magento tables use a prefix then you would need to adjust accordingly.

This worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks
Guru

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

@connor2k - puts a smile on face :-)

Magento Community
Magento Community

arturdebrito

Hello everybody!
I’m having the same problem but the solution posted is not serving for me, gives the following message:

# 1103 - Incorrect table name ‘eav_entity_type’

The table exists and with the correct name is what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

arturdebrito

georg@orgoniseafrica.co

Order saving error: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1052 Column ‘sort_order’ in order clause is ambiguous
See this post:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/errors.php/viewthread/213261/#t286006

Magento Community
Magento Community

smivks

Total Posts:  45

blueben - 23 December 2010 05:55 AM

Backup first!

Worked perfectly for me for Magento version: 1.5.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

oogabubchub

Total Posts:  26

I tried the SQL fix, but I’m still getting the same error - 1054 Unknown column ‘ca.sort_order’ in ‘order clause’. Any other ideas?

I’m using 1.5.0.1 and the URL is http://allyourga.me

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2