Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I Move The Sales Tracking Code (PayPal)? 

SKMoon

Total Posts:  6

I am running Magento 1.4.1.1 with PAP4

The sales tracking code is placed on the page that is returned after the customer clicks the “Return To Merchant” link after making payment at PayPal.

My concern is that some customers will not click this link and the affiliate will not get credit.

Can I move the sales tracking code to another file in Magento that might be better suited to ensure the affiliate gets credit?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

The connector already does some stuff internally so that it can send the tracking information when the IPN callback is fired to indicate that the order was paid.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SKMoon

Total Posts:  6

It would be wonderful if I could get this to work this way. But, so far in my testing, the affiliate is not credited unless the “Return To Merchant” link is clicked.

If there is anything you can tell me to check, please do.

I am running Magento 1.4.1.1 and PAP 4.

I downloaded the latest API file from my PAP admin and uploaded it.

Everything seems to be running fine except for this issue. If the Return To Merchant link is clicked, then the affiliate is credited properly. I can add a sale to an affiliate with no problem. Right now, this is the only problem I am having.

Thank you for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

The PayPal sale is only tracked once PayPal responds with the “VERIFIED” status. In other words, the connector doesn’t track the sale until PayPal confirms that you got your money. Is it possible that this is the reason?

If that isn’t the problem, enable logging and check your system log for any indication of problems with the PayPal based tracking.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mattoabris

Total Posts:  1

SKmoon, did you ever find a solution to this issue? We’re having the same problem…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community