Magento Forum

how to set user permissions in configuration

bigman00

Total Posts:  14

hi fellows, I am new to magento, I wonder if other user in the system can change the “admin” user details or just the “admin” can determin other users? how should i set users permissions if I want some help from others please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

michaelbower

Total Posts:  8
Fallbrook, CA

Hi Bigman00!

Using the role-based system in Magento, It is easy to set permissions on a by-user basis.

Let us say you wanted to set up another user with all permissions EXCEPT the ability to add/ edit users.

First, create a role for your user. From the admin panel, go to System > Permissions > Roles. Click Add New Role on the upper right. Name the role and click Role Resources on the left. Check every box that you want this person to have access to. In our example, that would be all checked EXCEPT for System > Permissions. Click Save Role.

Next, create the user and assign the new role you created. System > Permissions > Users. Click Add New User. Enter the user info and then under User Role on the left, select the role you just created. Click Save User.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigman00

michaeldbower - 11 December 2010 09:53 AM

Hi Bigman00!

Using the role-based system in Magento, It is easy to set permissions on a by-user basis.

Let us say you wanted to set up another user with all permissions EXCEPT the ability to add/ edit users.

First, create a role for your user. From the admin panel, go to System > Permissions > Roles. Click Add New Role on the upper right. Name the role and click Role Resources on the left. Check every box that you want this person to have access to. In our example, that would be all checked EXCEPT for System > Permissions. Click Save Role.

Next, create the user and assign the new role you created. System > Permissions > Users. Click Add New User. Enter the user info and then under User Role on the left, select the role you just created. Click Save User.

Thank you very much for your kind reply, except for create user permissions, is there a way to edit user permissions please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigman00

thanks michael, I think I have known what you mean, thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Navid SS

Total Posts:  12

I have made a mistake and set the admin resources to none and now I can not see anything in the backend.

Please advise and help, as our website is in production and here is the only source that I can get help.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

jammin

Total Posts:  12

You will have to edit the database admin_user and assign the user to a role

Magento Community
Magento Community

anilrmg

Total Posts:  4

sir,

I want ot set edit and delete permission to new admin user. Is it Possible in magento ?

thnaks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community