Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem Updating on Localhost

misterpatrick

Total Posts:  74

Hello all,

I am running a test installations of 1.4.2.0 under OS X Snow Leopard and Snow Leopard Server. I am running into problems updating using Magento Connect. I am trying to figure out what might be wrong. I am new to using Magento and the more I can understand the updating process the better. Here is the exception error:

Exception caught:

Warning: Parameter 3 to PEAR_Task_Replace::validateXml() expected to be a reference, value given in /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php on line 1143

and here is the backtrace:

Backtrace:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘Parameter 3 to ...’, ‘/Users/patrick/...’, 1143, Array)
#1 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php(1143): call_user_func(Array, Object(PEAR_PackageFile_v2), Array, Object(PEAR_Config), Array)
#2 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php(1216): PEAR_PackageFile_v2_Validator->_validateFilelist(Array, false, ‘’)
#3 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2/Validator.php(252): PEAR_PackageFile_v2_Validator->_validateFilelist()
#4 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/PackageFile/v2.php(1920): PEAR_PackageFile_v2_Validator->validate(Object(PEAR_PackageFile_v2), 3)
#5 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Registry.php(1226): PEAR_PackageFile_v2->validate()
#6 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Registry.php(1619): PEAR_Registry->_addPackage2(Object(PEAR_PackageFile_v2))
#7 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Installer.php(1385): PEAR_Registry->addPackage2(Object(PEAR_PackageFile_v2))
#8 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Install.php(666): PEAR_Installer->install(Object(PEAR_Downloader_Package), Array)
#9 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Install->doInstall(’install’, Array, Array)
#10 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#11 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(301): Maged_Pear->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#12 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(245): Maged_Pear->runHtmlConsole(Array)
#13 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(135): Maged_Model_Pear->installPackage(’magento-core/Ma...’)
#14 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(368): Maged_Controller->pearInstallPackagePostAction()
#15 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(183): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#16 /Users/patrick/Sites/magento/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#17 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community