Magento Forum

Do we have feature to log the actions performed by any user in a group? 

Aditi Singla

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am working on one project and we have a requirement to maintain a file where we can log actions performed by any user.
So, that if some other user from same group logins to admin panel, he can see the actions performed by other users on any particular order.

Please let me know how to achieve this, if this feature is already available in Magento.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidAlger

Total Posts:  29

Unfortunately this feature isn’t available in the Community Edition. If this is a must, I would suggest you consider using the Enterprise Edition, it comes standard in the EE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

Hi Yizi,

Magento Enterprise Edition allows you to log specific actions a user performs within the Magento Administration Panel as standard. Unfortunately, Magento Community Edition does not provide this feature, but you can easily view the last time a user logged in by querying the database directly.

The easiest way to view the information is through phpMyAdmin, a web-application that is usually offered by most hosting companies which allows you to administrate a MySQL database directly on the web.

Simply login to phpMyAdmin, select your Magento database and then select the ‘admin_user’ table within the left hand sidebar. A list of current administrative users will be outlined on the screen, the ‘logdate’ field will reveal the time the user successfully logged in to the Magento Administration Panel.

Alternatively, if you do not have phpMyAdmin access you can query the database directly by making use of the following MySQL query.

SELECT username AS USERNAME, logdate AS LOGIN_DATE
FROM admin_user
WHERE username = “enter-user-here”;

I hope that helps to answer your query.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Costa

Total Posts:  56
Shenzhen China

This can be achieved by admin logger add-on from magpleasure admin logger . check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3769

Hi!
Take a look at Admin Actions Log Module.

With it you can log all actions performed in store backend by admin users, view log history on the grid and keep the log records for as long as you need.
- Keep all log details on the grid for the specified time
- Log the actions of specific admin users
- Ban users after several unsuccessful login attempts
- Unban users manually or automatically

For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/audit-log.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community