Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Error in file:  on upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2

d_art

Total Posts:  4

Has anyone found a solution for SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘customer_form_attribute’ already exists
I’m trying to upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 and hitting a wall on this one. Please, let me know if you have any ideas on how to solve it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Paulus
Guru

Total Posts:  335

d_art - 13 May 2011 08:50 AM

Has anyone found a solution for SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘customer_form_attribute’ already exists
I’m trying to upgrade from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 and hitting a wall on this one. Please, let me know if you have any ideas on how to solve it.

Any luck on this?

1.4.1.0 upgraded to 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.1.0 went fine.

Yet, no luck upgrading from v1.4.1.0 to 1.5.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

manojbisht89

Total Posts:  2

d_art - 13 May 2011 08:50 AM

Have you found answer for it, I am experiencing the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ALOK GUPTA

Total Posts:  4

hi,
Do not get worried.
I am starting from this this issue ‘Can not create Table ‘customer_form_attribute’’
This error comes due to Mysql Storage Engine. In magento 1.4.1.0 all table’s have made on MyISAM and in 1.4.2 the storage Engine is Indodb.
Due to this the foreign key isuue ocurs(As you know both tables have same engine for foreign key).
If you will focus on
‘app/code/core/Mage/Customer/sql/customer_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.7-1.4.0.0.8.php’
at beginning following codes given :
$installer->run(”
CREATE TABLE `{$installer->getTable(’customer/form_attribute’)}` (
`form_code` char(32) NOT NULL,
`attribute_id` smallint UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(`form_code`, `attribute_id`),
KEY `IDX_CUSTOMER_FORM_ATTRIBUTE_ATTRIBUTE` (`attribute_id`),
CONSTRAINT `FK_CUSTOMER_FORM_ATTRIBUTE_ATTRIBUTE` FOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `{$installer->getTable(’eav_attribute’)}` (`attribute_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COMMENT=’Customer attributes/forms relations’;
“);
You can easily see ‘ENGINE=InnoDB’.
So to fix this you have to focus on ‘$installer->getTable(’eav_attribute’)’
and change the ‘eav_attribute’ table’s storage engine to ‘Indodb’ by manually(phpmyadmin -> your database -> eav_attribute -> Operations)
or by sql command.
After this when you refres your page this issue will resolved but for other upgrade table similar issues will come (on sales table and in tax etc.) so you can handle this type of issue by same method as given upper.

and if table already exist issue occur then just delete that table magento will recreate that table..
just chill....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2