Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Import/Export Advanced Profile not working after upgrade from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0

Alex_Joe

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

does not display window after pressing the button “Run profile in popup”, (display only admin menu and footer and blank - see attachment)

Best regards

Alex Joe

Image Attachments
printscreen.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DaveGrex

Total Posts:  12

I have the same issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamby77

Total Posts:  8

Hi all, after having the same problem - custom advanced profiles not being run, and getting that empty screen instead, I have made a dive in code and believe that I have found the cause and possible solution of problem.
Cause is that in 1.4.2 there is a layout xml file added, it is in /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/dataflow.xml.
This alone is not that much of a problem, but in that file there is a layout handle for adminhtml_system_convert_gui_run which applies whenever default Magento profiles are run and matches admin/system_convert_gui/run . Advanced profiles are run from admin/system_convert_profile/run but do not have handle for that - therefore they fall back to default adminhtml layout which renders the page but does not start profile execution.
Solution that I have tried and worked for me is to add layout update handle for advanced profiles. It has same content as adminhtml_system_convert_gui and different name - adminhtml_system_convert_profile_run.

so for clarity - in /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/dataflow.xml you have:

<layout>

<
adminhtml_system_convert_gui_run>
        <
remove name "root"/>
        <
block type="adminhtml/page" name="convert_root" output="toHtml" template="page.phtml">
            <
block type="adminhtml/page_head" name="convert_root_head" as="head" template="page/head.phtml">
                <
action method="addJs"><script>prototype/prototype.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>prototype/validation.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>varien/js.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>mage/translate.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>mage/adminhtml/tools.js</script></action>
            </
block>
            <
block type="adminhtml/system_convert_profile_run" name="system_convert_profile_run" template="system/convert/profile/process.phtml" output="toHtml"/>
        </
block>
    </
adminhtml_system_convert_gui_run>
</
layout>

and after </adminhtml_system_convert_gui_run> and before </layout> you add:

<adminhtml_system_convert_profile_run>
      <
remove name "root"/>
      <
block type="adminhtml/page" name="convert_root" output="toHtml" template="page.phtml">
            <
block type="adminhtml/page_head" name="convert_root_head" as="head" template="page/head.phtml">
                <
action method="addJs"><script>prototype/prototype.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>prototype/validation.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>varien/js.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>mage/translate.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>mage/adminhtml/tools.js</script></action>
          </
block>
          <
block type="adminhtml/system_convert_profile_run" name="system_convert_profile_run" template="system/convert/profile/process.phtml" output="toHtml"/>
      </
block>
</
adminhtml_system_convert_profile_run>

Try it, and if it works - enjoy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jogide

Total Posts:  17

Same error;

but I haven\’t any dataflow.xml in this path.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamby77

Here is a screen shot of what the adminhtml file tree looks like.

Image Attachments
layout_tree.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

acadmin

Total Posts:  5

Hello,
I tried the solution above from jaby77, but I am still unable to import through Advanced Profiles. Did this work for anyone else?
I have clean install of Magento 1.4.2.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageAustralia

Total Posts:  37
Sydney, Australia

Hi Jamby77 and others. This seems to be working for me. For those that tried it and say it’s not working, make sure that you clear cache directory (I clean mine manually by rm -rf var/cache/mage--* from a shell) because XML files are all cached and they won’t be re-read until you clear the cache.

My export’s running now but it’s got something like 20,000 products, so you know the process. 5 hours later wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

jogide

Total Posts:  17

Hi,

I haven’t this file in this path…
I created it with your content, and don’t work for me. Somebody can send me the original file ?

Thanks !

Ok, and I found this error:

2010-12-20T14:45:20+00:00 CRIT (2): Not valid template file:adminhtml/base/default/template/system/convert/profile/process.phtml

Solved.  Mi path is different:

adminhtml/DEFAULT/default vs adminhtml/BASE/default…

Thanks !

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamby77

Hi guys, sorry but I didn\’t get notified about your posts.
First for those who do not have the file - you must of upgraded via magento connect manager and missed a module, or the module was not registered as installed.
Doing this I had other problems (some JS files not being installed) so I downloaded full package and just extracted it over the installation. If you have followed good magento practice and made no modifications to core files you should be fine.
Also whenever you are making modifications to code or configuration of Magento, disable or refresh cache always. Many problems are caused because of changes not taking place at all.

@jogide - if you look at the snippets that I have posted - there is no indication of the base or default package so any such error is caused by some other misconfiguration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

slvrspiral

Total Posts:  1

Thank you, worked perfectly

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marko L

Total Posts:  3

I wasnt have dataflow.xml file in this folder and I copy dataflow.xml from fresh copy and add this:
<adminhtml_system_convert_profile_run>
<remove name = \\\"root\\\"/>
<block type=\\\"adminhtml/page\\\" name=\\\"convert_root\\\" output=\\\"toHtml\\\" template=\\\"page.phtml\\\">
<block type=\\\"adminhtml/page_head\\\" name=\\\"convert_root_head\\\" as=\\\"head\\\" template=\\\"page/head.phtml\\\">
<action method=\\\"addJs\\\"><script>prototype/prototype.js</script></action>
<action method=\\\"addJs\\\"><script>prototype/validation.js</script></action>
<action method=\\\"addJs\\\"><script>varien/js.js</script></action>
<action method=\\\"addJs\\\"><script>mage/translate.js</script></action>
<action method=\\\"addJs\\\"><script>mage/adminhtml/tools.js</script></action>
</block>
<block type=\\\"adminhtml/system_convert_profile_run\\\" name=\\\"system_convert_profile_run\\\" template=\\\"system/convert/profile/process.phtml\\\" output=\\\"toHtml\\\"/>
</block>
</adminhtml_system_convert_profile_run>

after </adminhtml_system_convert_gui_run> and before </layout>.

Now when I want to import data just open blank page on IE. Anyone can help?

Thanks,
Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcm999

Total Posts:  42

Cheers Jamby77,

I had the same problem and adding that code worked a charm! For everyone else, remember to clear all the cache after updating that file.

Thumbs Up!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Has somebody reported this as an issue in the bug tracking? Will be nice Varien solves this in 1.5.

Just asking to avoid duplicated issues.

Thank you!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amir013

Hello,

I had the same problem as described here and I realised that there is no dataflow.xml in the specified root. I reinstalled magento 1.4.2, downloading and extracting the zip file in magento root and then I edited the dataflow.xml as described here. I deleted all the catch files, and my catch in backend is also disabled.

I still have the same problem with slight difference. When I click on run the profile, I get fully blank screen (without magento backend header and menus).

The url of blank page is http://www.domainname/index.php/admin/system_convert_gui/run/id/2/
Is there any suggestion for me, to solve the import/export issue. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amir013

After my previous post here, I did have a look and found out that magento 1.4.2 has not been extracted fully and correcting that now I have no problem in importing or exporting profiles.

Magento Community
Magento Community

antonioapisa

Total Posts:  10
Pisa, Italy

@jamby77 : Thanks !!!! It’s perfect !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community