Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error 500 when adding or edit products after upgrade to 1.4.1.1

Rosivrepus

Total Posts:  12

Today I upgraded my magento installation from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.1.1 by doing a fresh install and selecting a database with a copy of the old database. Everything worked out well, all records of orders, invoices, products, etc have been migrated to 1.4.

I only have one problem: when I try to edit a product via Catalog > Manage products and then clicking on a product I get a Internal Server Error (500). The same thing happens when I try to create a new product after specifying the Attribute Set and Product Type and clicking on continue.

Viewing, editing or adding new categories, orders, etc is not a problem.

The strange thing is that Apache does not create an entry in the error log for these events. So I am completely in the dark.

Does anyone recognize these problems after upgrading to 1.4? Please help me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rosivrepus

Total Posts:  12

Sometimes solutions present it self.

Just after I made the previous post, Magento 1.4.2 was released. I upgraded my install via the Magento Connect manager without any trouble. It now gave me an error report stating on the first sentence:

a:5:{i:0;s:94:"Source model “metarobots/product_attribute_source_unit” not found for attribute “meta_robots”.";i:1;s:3538:"#0 /xxx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form.php(201): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Abstract->getSource()

So the problem had to do with Yoast MetaRobots.

This post solved the problem:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/32821/

Magento Community
Magento Community

diazwatson

Total Posts:  35
Spain

It also happens when upgrade from 1.7 to 1.8

Magento Community
Magento Community

diazwatson

Total Posts:  35
Spain

Suggested fix from Rosivrepus also works in CE 1.8

Yoast - 20 February 2009 02:37 AM

The problem is that Magento doesn’t support uninstall of attributes that depends on a class in the module.  See also this post

To uninstall, first remove the module from MagentoConnect, deleted cache manually and run the query below on your database:

DELETE FROM `eav_attributeWHERE `eav_attribute`.`attribute_code` = 'meta_robots';
DELETE FROM `core_resourceWHERE CODE 'metarobots_setup';

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community