Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SSL on cPanel for multistores

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

Hi,

My client has a limitation to only be able to have SSL for one domain per cpanel on hosting. Since magento multi-website shop uses many domains, how do you deal with this cPanel limitation?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello -

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of cPanel hosting - each account can have a single IP address, no more.  Depending on how you are setting up your multi-store there may be a work around.  If you are trying to use different domains (ie. domain-a.com, domain-b.com), then there is no way to make this work with a single cPanel account.  You would need to setup multiple cPanel accounts and set them up to use the same Magento backend, which is not going to work with any shared hosting companies that I am aware of due to the security implications of allowing one account to access another - for this reason you would need a dedicated hosting environment such as a dedicated server or VPS to make this system work.

However, if you are using sub-domains for your different stores (ie. store1.domain.com, store2.domain.com, store3.domain.com) then you can accomplish this by using a Wildcard SSL Certificate.  A wildcard SSL certificate allows you to secure multiple sub-domains off the same SSL Certificate. 

You can view a HowTo set this up with a wildcard SSL Certificate at the following URL;

http://www.crucialwebhost.com/kb/article/installing-a-wildcard-ssl-certificate-in-cpanel/

Hope this is helpful and good luck -

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Thanks a lot!
I’ll forward this information to my client.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,

Its possible you can check : http://www.geotrust.com/ssl/multi-domain-ssl/

You will have to purchase multidomain SSL in this case. we have done it for few of our customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Will do, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community