Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table

eaksoy

Total Posts:  12

Hello,

I\’ve updated from 1.3 (can\’t remember which 1.3 version was it) to 1.4 via Magento Connect , but my web site isnt working anymore. Here is the report log;

a:5:{i:0;s:254:\"Error in file: \"/home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/SalesRule/sql/salesrule_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.4-1.4.0.0.5.php\" - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can\'t create table \'./*****_magaza/salesrule_product_attribute.frm\' (errno: 150)\";i:1;s:994:\"#0 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(390): Mage::exception(\'Mage_Core\', \'Error in file: ...\')
#1 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(289): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(\'upgrade\', \'1.4.0.0.4\', \'1.4.0.0.6\')
#2 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(233): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(\'1.4.0.0.4\', \'1.4.0.0.6\')
#3 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(161): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/*****/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/*****/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/*****/public_html/index.php(78): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#8 {main}\"
;s:3:\"url\";s:6:\"/admin\";s:11:\"script_name\";s:10:\"/index.php\";s:4:\"skin\";s:7:\"default\";}

btw i found two sql query from another topic;

ALTER TABLE core_store ENGINE=INNODB
ALTER TABLE eav_attribute ENGINE=INNODB

it didnt work too

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eaksoy

I’m still waiting for an answer anyone can help me please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

Total Posts:  173

All I can say, is that I am in the same boat.

Fortunately on a test environment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

UPDATE.  I found my way through this following your lead of changing the tables to use InnoDB

I copied all the queries from here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/convert_database_to_innodb

I copied all the tables from the newer of the 2 tables listed shown at that link, and ran the query, and my install completed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eaksoy

ladle - 15 December 2010 04:37 PM

UPDATE.  I found my way through this following your lead of changing the tables to use InnoDB

I copied all the queries from here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/convert_database_to_innodb

I copied all the tables from the newer of the 2 tables listed shown at that link, and ran the query, and my install completed.

Ah! Thank you. So we need to convert whole database to InnoDB. Its working now smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

Almost.  The last step is to run the magento db repair kit, after you’re up and running.  This will add all your missing foreign keys, since converting to InnoDB isn’t enough.

Also need to say thank you again, for posting those two queries, those got me in the right direction.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community