Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Magento 1.4.2.0 rc2 and qiuck search problem on frontend - please help! 

jemoon

Total Posts:  128
Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
I have upgraded my Magento from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0-rc2 and everything works ok except quick search form on frontend. When I put a query I get all my products as a result :/ If anyone had this prolem before please give me some clues because it looks like I’m stuck with this issue - reindexing, clearing the cache etc is not working for me. I can only add that my advanced form is working OK.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sobaka1

Total Posts:  5
Kiev

It’s my problem too…
What about answer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Arwin

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem. I need help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jemoon

Total Posts:  128
Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
Just to let you know - I have found a solution smile I think that developers have made some mistake because comparing to previous versions it looks that in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Fulltext.php on line 342 should be:

$likeCond '(' join(' AND '$like) . ')';
instead:
$likeCond '(' join(' OR '$like) . ')';

Just change the line like I posted above re-compile your shop and reindex search index - works for me smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Arwin

It did not work in my shop, I’m still searching…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Arwin

OK,

I can fix it temporary by copying the app/code/core/CatalogSearch folder from 1.4.1.1

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

apexj

Total Posts:  12

jemoon - 15 December 2010 01:48 AM

Hi,
Just to let you know - I have found a solution smile I think that developers have made some mistake because comparing to previous versions it looks that in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Fulltext.php on line 342 should be:

instead:

Just change the line like I posted above re-compile your shop and reindex search index - works for me smile

Excellent. Worked for me. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

We have run into a problem in 1.4.1.1 with the catalog search and the advanced search pagination.

The results of a particular term produced 212 results. The catalog search result page proceeds to display all 212 results. Pagination is set to 24 items per page and the drop-down does display a selection of different numbers of results per page although these are ignored in the results.

The toolbar shows “Items1 to 212 of 212” on page 1. The toolbar does show multiple pages (1 2 3 4 5). If a person is to click on page 2, the resulting page still shows all 212 items again, but the toolbar now shows “Items 25 to 236 of 212”. Page 3 will result in “Items 49 to 260 of 212” showing all 212 results on the page and so on.

No matter what page you select, you will load and display all 212 results and the toolbar continues to increase incorrectly in the Items count.

I have checked and we are using all original 1.4.1.1 files in /app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch

The same toolbar.phtml is called in the catalog.xml and catalogsearch.xml
<block type=\"catalog/product_list_toolbar\" name=\"product_list_toolbar\" template=\"catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml\">
<block type=\"page/html_pager\" name=\"product_list_toolbar_pager\"/>

Interestingly, we have no problem with the toolbar/pager in the category product views. Therefore, I surmise the problem to be somewhere in the Catalogsearch functions.

We have tried to delete our custom toolbar.phtml file and use base/default. This has changed nothing.

We have not altered any Catalog or Page/Html core files either that would affect this.

I also have tried swapping the Catalogsearch folder; /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php; and, /app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Pager.php, using versions 1.3.2.4, 1.4.0.1, 1.4.2.0, and 1.5.0.1, and this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

This is our last \"issue\" to resolve.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington2

Total Posts:  63

Im having the same problem, tried copying the line into my Fulltext file but no joy, anyone got any other ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington2

Total Posts:  63

I’ve got round this by just adapting the search form to send to a custom script that recreates the search URL produced from the advanced search and then just redirecting to that, probably not the best but it worked for me.

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

vdeluca

Buenos Aires

I had the same problem when I was removed the line below, from layout file catalogsearch.xml

<block type="catalogsearch/layer" name="catalogsearch.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>

Vicente.

Magento Community
Magento Community

saho

Total Posts:  52

Hi,

instead:

Worked for me like he says you have to REINDEX catalog search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cwschneider

Total Posts:  88
Koblenz

Hi

Hi,
Just to let you know - I have found a solution :) I think that developers have made some mistake because comparing to previous versions it looks that in app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Fulltext.php on line 342 should be:

instead:

Just change the line like I posted above re-compile your shop and reindex search index - works for me :)

Because I had the same problem after update to 1.6.1.0 and didn’t find this line in the file anymore, here is the one I change:
app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource/Fulltext.php on line 348 to get search working.

Delete cache and reindex search index - works fine for me.

Regards,
Christian.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sobaka1

Kiev

There was problem with encoding of one database character/

Magento Community
Magento Community

freeohio

Total Posts:  13

I’m on 1.5 on one site and 1.6 on another, and neither had usable search results until I made this simple change. Thank you!

instead:

Magento Community
Magento Community

sinprime

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

instead:

for magento 1.7 file change on app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource/Fulltext.php

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2