Magento Forum

404 error from any page except the home and top level catagory - terms and conditions (footer links)

vocalcoach

Total Posts:  6

Hi Magento lovers

I have crawled the forums etc for over 3 hours, spent days working this out - have a blank!

I have lost google ranking big time (it was good about 3 months ago) and discovered I have broken links that is causing this (I think) it is in my footer links.
The problem: Running 1.3.2.4 under UST theme which uses the blank theme.
URL is http://www.successfulsinging.co.uk.
If you click on the ‘terms and conditions’ link in the footer I get a 404 error on every page except the home and top level catagory, in other words anything from sub-cats down.
I have put in a new block called it info-page instead of customer-service , created new cms page with the correct identifier, turned off the old cms block - but which ever way i do it get 404 error .
is there a php file i need to change?

I would appreciate any help at all
I am desperate - I will willingly send some of my products to whoever can shed light on this (this is not a back hander you understand, just an appreciation of your time and knowledge)

thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vocalcoach

Total Posts:  6

I guess its simple when you don\\\’t look too hard!

for anyone with a similar problem I had a missing internal url i.e. my \\\’href\\\’ code was incorrect which produced the 404!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community