Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Applying Catalog Price Rules brings site to a halt

Shpigford

Total Posts:  171
Denver, CO

When setting Catalog Price Rules and then “Applying” them, it generally takes as long as 60 seconds to apply the rules and the entire time it’s “processing” my entire store gets bogged down.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

I am having this problem also for some time (ver 1.1.8). Now I have 1.2.1 and the problem does not go away.
Can some one help me? Please

Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

To be more specific I have no problem saving and applying rules with status inactive, but if I change it to active I can not save it. Please any ideas how to fix this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

I found this is an Out of Memory issue. I requested my host to increase the php memory but they say Magento keeps eating up any memory amount they increase.  I found some posts about Out of memory problems but no one points to a possible solution. Please, any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

maijar

Total Posts:  49

I think I had the same problem with applying and saving rule. It just didn’t work. I’m not sure what helped, but have you guys cron up and running? After setting it our rules are working, at least applying is ok (though it took time still). But I just want to say, I’m not sure if that was the real reason because there was other problems as well and we tested it very randomly, I mean not after every modification.

Magento Community
Magento Community

concep86

Total Posts:  16

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I am having the same problem… but cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community