Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change “Price” to “Suggested Donation”

augustroad

Total Posts:  17

Hi all, I’m a Magento rookie so forgive me if this is an obvious question.

I’m working on customizing a resources area for a church and because of their non-profit regulations, each product really ought to say “suggested donation” instead of a “price.” Could someone point me in the direction of how to accomplish this? I’m assuming if I know where to find the “price” text in the Magento code, I could just switch it out?

Any thoughts on that, or would it be more complicated than I have forseen?

Thanks SO much!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hey augustroad,

Not too sure where the word “price” appears but you can do the following to have the words “Suggested Donation” appear in front of every mentioning of a price:

Copy this file from the default theme
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/price.html

to the theme you are working on
/app/design/frontend/YOURINTERFACE/YOURTHEME/template/catalog/product/price.html

Search for the following block (this assumes that you don’t have any fancy configurable, bundled products or specials.

<?php else: ?>

<span class="regular-price" id="product-price-<?php echo $_id ?><?php echo $this->getIdSuffix() ?>"><?php echo Mage::helper('core')->currency($_price,true,true?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

Add your required wording like so:

<?php else: ?><?php echo $this->__('Suggested Donation'?>

<span class="regular-price" id="product-price-<?php echo $_id ?><?php echo $this->getIdSuffix() ?>"><?php echo Mage::helper('core')->currency($_price,true,true?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

And you should be all set. Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

augustroad

Total Posts:  17

great - thank you so much. I’ll give it a shot and really appreciate your time and help. Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community