Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Names Not Carrying Over

redegifts

Total Posts:  41

The attached picture shows what I am talking about.  I have created a store (for poker supplies) within the ENGLISH store.  Under the CHOOSE STORE, the product list shows how the product name and the product name in the ENGLISH STORE.  I believe this happened because I duplicated a product.  But to change the name now, I have to choose the ENGLISH STORE, choose the product and edit the product name.  Then, go into ALL STORES, choose the product and edit the product name. 

Was this done to seperate between languages so products can have different information for each language??

Is there a way to make it so that the product name carries over??

Thanks,
Russ Dyer

Image Attachments
products.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Was this done to separate between languages so products can have different information for each language??

Yes this is the reason it was done. To be able to support different languages and different names between different stores.

Is there a way to make it so that the product name carries over??

Yes. If you change the Name attribute to be globally edited (see attached image) then the name will be the same in all stores and will need to be edited once. Please note that if you have already entered the ‘Name’ attribute as a local attribute you will need to save each product once for it to affect the names in other stores (for now you will also need to make some change in the name for it to save. This is a bug and we are working to fix it now).

Also please note that in the current version once an attribute you will not be able to change it back to local. This too is something we are working on changing for the 1.0 release.

Thanks

yoav

Image Attachments
globalattrib.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

redegifts

Total Posts:  41

thank you so much.

what a great product!  Can’t wait for the 1.0 release. 

your team is tremendous

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community