Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Poll
Would you find it useful?
Yes 61
No 3
Total Votes: 64
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Maintenance Mode

blizzard182

Total Posts:  115
Argentina

Well, is fairly easy. I am editing my site, or maybe you are upgrading or changing something.

I don’t want people to make buys or something like that while I am doing that.

I think it should be easy to add a url rewriting rule, to a web page that explains that you are changing the site.

Does it make sense?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GPutignano

Total Posts:  214
Lauria - Italy

In Magento Connect you can find an extensionto put the site in maintenance mode. However if it was in the core could be better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Total Posts:  115
Argentina

Garrone - 26 October 2008 07:16 AM

In Magento Connect you can find an extensionto put the site in maintenance mode. However if it was in the core could be better.

Great! I did not know about that.

I also think that should be in the core. I haven’t updated Magento after installing extensions. You lose them, dont you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ExactRail

Total Posts:  14

blizzard182 - 26 October 2008 08:13 AM

I also think that should be in the core. I haven’t updated Magento after installing extensions. You lose them, dont you?

I don’t believe so. It also depends on your method of update (FTP vs. magento connect). Magento Connect is definitely the better method and should keep all of your extensions in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SCY

Total Posts:  47

What if I need to change the catalogue structure and I don’t want to let users to see it happening? It was too bad not having maintanence mode as core.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ExactRail

There is a maintenance module. The extension key is: magento-community/ArtsOnIT_OfflineMaintenance

It works pretty well and was recently updated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baron

Total Posts:  2
Honolulu, HI

Doesn’t seem to be working with Magento 1.3

ExactRail - 03 March 2009 02:47 PM

There is a maintenance module. The extension key is: magento-community/ArtsOnIT_OfflineMaintenance

It works pretty well and was recently updated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ExactRail

@Baron

I just installed it on 1.3.1 and it is working fine. Note that the frontend will still show if you are logged into your admin section in the same browser. To test, I usually log into admin in one browser (firefox) and test the frontend in another (safari).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ExactRail

@Baron

I just installed it on 1.3.1 and it is working fine. Note that the frontend will still show if you are logged into your admin section in the same browser. To test, I usually log into admin in one browser (firefox) and test the frontend in another (safari).

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbjewels

Total Posts:  1

ExactRail - 01 May 2009 05:25 AM

@Baron

Now I Installed aswell.... but how can I Activate the Plugin?

It says: Allow administrators to switch off any store view during mantenance operation. Where?

Magento Community
Magento Community

com2

Total Posts:  6

Presently the maintanance mode plug-in does not work in the latest version of magento and this feature request has become highly urgent again. How many votes are needed until somebody includes this essiential function?

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentolover

Total Posts:  5

com2 - 18 March 2010 10:06 AM

Presently the maintanance mode plug-in does not work in the latest version of magento and this feature request has become highly urgent again. How many votes are needed until somebody includes this essiential function?

agreed, we just tested it on the most recent version and was unable to get it working. hopefully there will be an updated version soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roheim

Total Posts:  1

I have not tested it in earlier versions but in 1.4.0.1 that I am using now you can put an empty file “maintenance.flag” in the root folder and it will go into maintenance mode.

David

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pooch

Total Posts:  70
Danville, CA USA

Anyone got this working properly in 1.4.0.1, in reading through past fixes none seem to work for me, clearing cache, resetting permissions, nothin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

clockman

Total Posts:  25

i have 1.4 and i tried the extension but is not working
i made the empty file maintenance flag but i can not access the website not even from the backend not even the front end
so how am i giong to work?:)

any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ocshawn

Total Posts:  16

here is a solution i found http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/maintenance-mode-in-magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2