Magento Forum

Customers can’t check out??? 

rockgirl

Total Posts:  45

I\’m rec\’ing some emails from customers who:

- can\’t add items to their shopping cart - when they try the product info screen either refreshes or it flips to the shopping cart and says \"you have no items in your cart\”
- these same customers have accounts and when they try to log into their acct the page refreshes or says you need to log into their actt. I on the other hand can see in the backen that they are in fact logged in. Also when I reset their password for them, I can log into their acct with no issues and can add to their cart.

Any thoughts? So far I\’ve only heard from 3 in the past couple of days BUT that\’s just those who bothered to mention it. I hate to think how many just abandoned my site never to return again! I know that 10x\’s that are NOT having any issues so I\’m convinced it has something to do with their internet provider.

I\’ve been googling answers and the only thing I\’ve come up with is this http://thewellrunsite.com/2009/02/12/fixing-the-magento-checkout-glitch/ However when I check out my setting they\’re as they should be.

I\’m really hoping someone has experienced/solved this issue! HELP please!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jsmiller

Total Posts:  39

Try this:
Go to System->Configuration->Web->Session Cookie management
Change the “Cookie Lifetime” to 86400

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockgirl

Thanks I’ll give this a shot and ask them to try it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rockgirl

jsmiller - 30 November 2010 01:38 PM

Try this:
Go to System->Configuration->Web->Session Cookie management
Change the “Cookie Lifetime” to 86400

OMG you ROCK!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. I hate to think how many just dismissed my site because of this issue. I wish I had posted earlier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rshuhart@frattoys

Total Posts:  5

I have an online store called www.frattoys.com.
The problem is when your customer tries to check out they cannot access the drop down box that has the credit card selections. Everything is greyed out. The issue is with IE9 not being compatible with Magento. The solution is to trick IE9 into thinking it is IE8.

This is a two step process:

First, add the below line to your head.phtml file right below your title tag - (app/design/frontend/Your Template(usually default)/Your Template/template/page/html/head.phtml).

<meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\" content=\"IE=8\" />

Second, find your .htaccess file and add the below two lines of code -

BrowserMatch MSIE best-standards-support
Header set X-UA-Compatible IE=8 env=best-standards-support

This should work. It did for me.
If you need any help with this you can call Johnny from www.tranquilblue.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevin95630

Total Posts:  14

Cookie lifetime of 84600 is fine if the problem is just that the customer is in a different time zone.  The problem can also be that the customer’s system clock is set wrong.  Very easy to do, like when you use the system clock popup to reference the calendar.

I set cookie lifetime to 84600 and continued to get calls from customers about this issue.  I had been unable to replicate the problem myself, until I tried setting my system clock a couple weeks ahead, at which point, I started having the exact problem customers were reporting.

We do not allow account creation on our site, so I do not believe there are any security issues raised by setting the cookie expiration to six months.  Am I right about that?  With it set that way, I was able to keep items in my cart even with my system date set wrong, so I’m hopeful that will prove to be the resolution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community