Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Can Mangeto do a file/photo upload to the cart ? 

nileshbhd5

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

My customer has a printing business.

My customer wants where the shopper should fill in a form and then upload personal photos /images attached to that particular cart.

For example if its business cards..

They should be able to upload images that may required in the background of the car.

Is it possible in Magento ?? IF yes can you give me few urls as i have tried the Custom option ( File) from admin.. its not showing the browse button.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I need this as well. My customers will nede to upload jpeg files for pages of wedding albums they need printed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can this be something developed and made standard? A flash uploader would be great that enabled the upload of as many files as needed like a BULK uploader.

I will pay if someone can help.

jeff

www.newvisioncolorlab.com
www.modebook.com (work in progress)

Magento Community
Magento Community

msullivaniii

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,

I’m in the same situation in terms of uploading images. I had software written previously that has had similar features that we might be able to convert. I would also need to integrate back end support so when I download it links to where the file is stored.

What specifically, in terms of functionality, are you looking for? Perhaps we can all get something created and make it into a standard option.

Best,
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Let me know exactly what you are looking for.  It would require quite a few modifications and an additional script.  However, you could make it simple by requiring them to upload the images or files on the after-checkout screen.  This would be an easy plugin script for you to locate via Google.

Otherwise, let me know if you need custom scripting done.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gaax

I need also picture upload form.
My case:
Customer have foto printing business. He has fotogadgets (tshirt,mug etc.), were client should upload picture on product page.
I think this is shouldn’t be after-checkout screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

razor

Total Posts:  13

I am also in need of something like this. I think it makes more sense to have the admin option to setup before check or after checkout. (I can see the pro’s and con’s of either direction, but prefer after-checkout as long as their is some kind of notice to the buyers that they can upload after checkout). One thing I would like to see is something in the “My Account” area to where they can store images, upload them, use them later on, etc.

So when a customer later on decides to purchase an item with an uploadable attribute, he or she can select “Upload File” or “Use file already Uploaded”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/12509/P30/

Magento Community
Magento Community

bikr

Total Posts:  15

Discovery - 22 November 2008 12:33 PM

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/12509/P30/

Don’t think that link was very helpful, or maybe I’m missing something..

I would also like to implement something like this..  Perhaps the best option might even be to drop in an existing project like those “2 large 2 email” scripts, into the post checkout page??  If anyone has come up with a solution , please share.!  smile

--Bikr

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Well, is there a possibility to get some sort of timeframe as to when the 1.2 release will appear so graciously upon us?

Thanks

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately this functionality did not make it into magento 1.2. Please follow the blog for updates on upcoming features.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kriskexplorer

Just out of curiosity.  What might the timeline be for file upload?  Did it get pulled from 1.2 because it was too buggy or just didn’t make the feature cut.  Would this be in a 1.2.x release or in the next major release.  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Well, talk about taking it “dry”

thanks varien, for the broken promise. I was told by rep on the phone to hold out until mid-late December and it was on the feature list, no fail.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RaF007

Total Posts:  18

kriskexplorer - 02 January 2009 11:31 AM

Just out of curiosity.  What might the timeline be for file upload?  Did it get pulled from 1.2 because it was too buggy or just didn’t make the feature cut.  Would this be in a 1.2.x release or in the next major release.  Thanks.

Would like an answer to this question as well.

I was eagerly waiting for this future to be in 1.2. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. Let’s hope it will come soon!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dcorrell

Total Posts:  21

I would love to see this feature make it to a release, it seems like many other users are feeling the same.

Did the blog say that this feature would be added in 1.2?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dagayveggi

Total Posts:  25
South Shields, UK

I was just wondering if any progress has been made?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

It seems like a painful uphill battle. Is this really that big of a challenge? I have made offers to pay and still no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2