Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Price Rules Coupon Codes

PeltierEffects

Total Posts:  17

With magento 1.4.1.1 when I enter a new price rule and put in the Coupon code , when I click save the Coupon code field goes blank and then all orders get that discount even if they did not enter the Coupon code at checkout.  This did not happen in Magento 1.4.0.1 ?

Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PeltierEffects

Total Posts:  17

Okay, I found the issue.  In the upgrade from 1.4.0.1 to 1.4.1.1 the shopping cart price rule adds a new dropdown box for selecting No Coupoon or Specific Coupon.  This was missing from the admin page, so any coupon added was defaulting to No Coupon.  So any coupon code entered was applied to all orders.

If you have this issue go to \app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\Block\Promo\Quote\Edit\Tab\Main.php insert this about line 166 before the -

$fieldset->addField(’coupon_code’, ‘text’, array(

$fieldset->addField(’coupon_type’, ‘select’, array(
‘name’ => ‘coupon_type’,
‘label’ => Mage::helper(’salesrule’)->__(’Coupon’),
‘required’ => true,
‘options’ => Mage::getModel(’salesrule/rule’)->getCouponTypes(),
));

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community