Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Products dissapear 1.4.1.1

maxq

Total Posts:  126
Florida

I have seen this bug in two Magento sites where the products are no longer displaying on the front end, they are all in the back end and a total refresh of index management brings them back.
They are working and displaying fine then suddenly they are gone.

This is not good for ecommerce clients to see no products available on their site.
Has anyone else seen this or know what could be causing it.

We are running several Magento sites but have only seen this happen with two different sites weeks apart.
Any help is appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rolandv

Total Posts:  19

Are you using inventory?  Could be that product is out of stock and the display out of stock items is set to no.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxq

Total Posts:  126
Florida

Yes we are but all products disappear at once, regardless of stock levels, they only come back with a re-index.
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

questions

Total Posts:  1

I am not using inventory ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

mhunkler
Guru

Total Posts:  304

I have had this happen also, It happened after upgrading, and when i was changing the order of the products in the category view.  It removed them and i had to re-index for them to re-appear as well.... I haven’t had a problem since but then again, i guess i would have to check over my entire store to see… makes me feel uneasy as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

allgiftsdirect

Total Posts:  4

I had a similar type of problem.

The reason products were not showing was category information had been lost, some items were not assigned to any category and therefore not displayed.

I think it was caused by installation of a module/add-on

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmws

Total Posts:  19

What module or addon was it that causes the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meredith2

I have the php-mcrypt addon and I get this problem

Meredith.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sharetips033

Total Posts:  5

There are several approaches that will work. Here is one that is typically easy to implement:
Set up a separate location for convention store. All merchandise that you plan to take from your real store to your convention store should be scanned onto a transfer. After the event, do just the opposite.Embarrassingly enough, I’m using MS Works, which was bundled with my first computer way back in the last century. I think it was already obsolete when I got it. My fields are Distillery, Age/Vintage, Description, ABV, Size, Bottler, Status (full/open/empty), Purchase Date, Shop, Price, Open Date, Finish Date. I occasionally wish I’d broken “Description” into two or three fields–it might include a name, cask type, bottling number, and any of a variety of other miscellaneous information.

Regards,
Commodity Tips || Mcx Crude Tips

Magento Community
Magento Community

sonician

Total Posts:  49

Yeah, the best solution would be good to know. We at first just picked the code to show the products from the old installation and put it in the new. Worked, but not the best looking solution. I expect the “flat” product catalog is somehow the villain here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshgoldstein

Total Posts:  2

I found this problem to be the case with my Slim Fit Shirts website. I don’t know what happened but all the products went - so I tried my best and looked to get the most out of the way that I really want to find.

Magento Community
Magento Community

staceyoffy

Has anyone been able to find a permanent solution to this problem.

It has been happening very frequently on our website www.offyourtrolley.com.au over the past 24 hours and despite repetitively clearing the index and cache we have not been able to find a permanent fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nbento

Total Posts:  5

Im having the same problem. Using 1.6.0.0
Im still inserting products on my store, but for some reason my last 56 products on 3 different categories are missing. On the menu they show up (frontend) and on admin as well, but no visual on the product listing page.

Any solution for this?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

I am having the same issue with 1.4.1 version. And keeping on searching for its solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyofb

Total Posts:  4

I am also having issue with products disappearing 1.6.0.1

there is another thread here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/202333/P15/

I setup re-indexing on a cronjob but still had the same trouble again in the middle of the night.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnstardling

Total Posts:  8

Hello i am having this same problem too in my store using version 1.6.0.0 :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2