Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object

TheoZwanzig

Total Posts:  2

Hello forum,

I just tried to install magento using the Full Release Package for the first time, following the instructions in this tutorial: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/magento_installation_guide

The Magento Installation Wizard starts with the downloader, where I select \"Continue Magento installation\”. The next screen shows the following error messages:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1125

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1125

Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in /htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151

My system fulfills the requirements according to magento-check.php:

Congratulations! Your server meets the requirements for Magento.

* You have PHP 5.2.0 (or greater)
* Safe Mode is off
* You have MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)
* You have the curl extension
* You have the dom extension
* You have the gd extension
* You have the hash extension
* You have the iconv extension
* You have the mcrypt extension
* You have the pcre extension
* You have the pdo extension
* You have the pdo_mysql extension
* You have the simplexml extension

My Magento version is 1.4.1.1. The server is a dedicated server with PHP run in CGI mode.

I am aware that this question has been posted before, but as far as I can see there is no solution yet.
(Cf. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewt/viewthread/3331/, http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/v../viewthread/203149/, http://www.devcomments.com/PHP-Fatal-error-nbsp-Call-to-a-member-function-getIdFieldName-to317351.htm)

Any hints would be appreciated,
Theo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TheoZwanzig

No ideas at all?  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Check this

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/main.php/viewthread/214328/#t287700

Error in MySQL V. 5.0.37 and PHP 5.2.6
Now in MySQL V. 5.1.50 and PHP 5.2.6 is OK

Magento Community
Magento Community

freedux

HI,

same problem for me:

I have:
- PHP v5.2.14
- mySQL 5.0.9

And trying to install Magento 1.4.2

My hosting provider is OVH.

is there any other solution than upgrading MySql ?

My errors are:

NoticeTrying to get property of non-object in //magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1127

NoticeTrying to get property of non-object in //magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1127

Fatal errorCall to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in //magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151

Magento Community
Magento Community

lonestarranger

Total Posts:  5

I encountered the fatal error problem as well and was stumped.

Error encountered :

Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in /magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151

Actually, it has nothing to do with MySQL versions. It has to do with file-permissions for the following directories (along with their sub-directories as well!). They should all be set to ‘777’.

Ensure that the file magento/var/.htaccess, the directories magento/app/etc, magento/var, and all the directories under magento/media are writable by the web server.

Once this is done, you should be good to go! smile

Taken from the Installation guide at : http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-installation-guide

Magento Community
Magento Community

Concept211

Total Posts:  3

I’m having the same problem.  Here is the current server config:

Windows 2003
PHP v5.3.6
MySQL v5.5.15

Magento Community
Magento Community

bspereira

Is there any update to this? - I have granted 777 to the whole directory and still nothing - I am trying this out on a ubuntu machine with PHP 5.3.6

Magento Community
Magento Community

mshuhailey

Try this:

1. check your server compatibility by download the file here http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento

2. Open file index.php

comment the error_reporting here:
Line 53

error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

to

//error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);

save and upload it again.

Enjoy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

willpower232

Total Posts:  6

Sorry if I am resurrecting this but I just solved this for me by going to the offending file /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php and seeing that the function _getResource was not returning an object. Copying and tweaking the Mage::throwException() line in that function and adding an if using is_object() caused magento to display its error page instead of just blank white.

This reminded me that I had experimentally disabled Mage_Log in /app/etc/modules/Mage_All.xml by referring to Visitor.

Fortunately Magento 1.6 actually honours the Advanced configuration settings so the manual disabling was not required.

I hope this helps someone!

Magento Community
Magento Community

j2l2

Believe it or not willpower232 but it just did.
I also disabled Mage_log on 1.7.0.2 and it still breaks the checkout process

Magento Community
Magento Community

itmatebmth

Total Posts:  1

Hi all,

The same problem here as well, however I’ve tried the clean up tool, and the checker as well.,
tried to delete the .htaccess file.. still no luck.
I’ve just asked to jiggle around a bit with the site, and as I tried to do a full system backup (just in case) it crushed to internal 500 error… I red after, get the clean up tool next error:
file permissions 644, folders 755
when I try to access admin page (hoped to work as a backdoor) 404 error.
any ideas?

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/XXXXX/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1227

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/XXXXX/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1227

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/XXXXX/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 1239

Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in /home/XXXXX/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151[/code

*the site was working before.. but no other knowledge about it’s history…

Magento Community
Magento Community

almirahisaad

Total Posts:  6

tried to install magento 1.8.1.0, i am experiencing the error when i hit the continue button

Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/140807/webspace/httpdocs/needlehole.com/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151

after this error shown i am unable to load installation wizard, files and folders permission has been set to 777 but nothing is working

anyone help me to solve this i would appreciate

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community