Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi-shop with different root categories

davinstewart

Total Posts:  20

I’m running Magento 1.1.6 and trying to configure a website with 2 stores ... one for each root category I have.

I’ve created an additional store successfully and it’s displayed in the “Select Store:” drop-down on the default store’s homepage.

The problem I’m having is that when I select my new store and select a sub-category using Category Navigation, I get the following error displayed:

Whoops, our bad…

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.

* If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
* If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.

Now, if I set this store to be the default store it works fine.  And there’s my problem, I don’t WANT to set this as the default store.  It doesn’t make sense for my site.

I’ve watched the webcasts and read through all the documentation I could find but according to everthing I’ve read, this should work ... but it doesn’t.  Is this a bug in 1.1.6?  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Please help me on this.  I’ve been playing with it and searching the documentation for days now and can’t find the answer.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davinstewart

Total Posts:  20

Seriously?  No one knows how to do this?  Surely someone out there has overcome this problem before.

I just brought up a demo store and got exactly the same behavior with a new root category, store, and store view.

Either I’m missing something obvious or this is a bug in the multi-store code.  The documentation says this should absolutely be possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sven Wappler

Total Posts:  9
Aachen, Germany

Hi,
I had the same problem. Magento can only save the values of attributes in the database and can’t associate a category only to one store view. You can see this as a bug if you have different stores with complete different characteristics.

Workaround:
Create the categories as subcategory of “Default Category” and set them active or inactive for the shops. This is not optimal because the categories are not structured.
Perhaps there are security problems concerning editors and their rights.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community