Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Single Order button per page for stock

dhbyrne

Total Posts:  9

Just new to Magento and I am trying to find my feet so please bear with me.

I am looking to created a website with upto 5000 products over several catagories and departments. Magento seems great for people buying single items or a few but I could have someone buying 50 or 100 different products in different quantities.

There can be 20 to 100 products easily in a department with x amount per page, what I am looking for is for the customer to put quantities for each product on a page and then have to click order once so that it adds all the products on that page to their basket. If they had to do it one at a time they would not shop with me. I do not have a current ecommerce website but have seen most of my competitors and this is how their systems work. I could post a screenshot but would be wary beacuse of copyright etc. If someone is interested I could email/pm a screenshot to keep it off the forum

Is this possible? I have looked on the forums posts but have not seen anything similar.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Little Creek

Total Posts:  10

Out of the box, the closest thing I think you could get is with using a grouped product.  You could write a custom list.phtml to do what you need.  Sorry I don’t have a clear answer for as I am still getting my head wrapped around what Magento will and will not do with out hacking it up.  If you don’t think you are up for the programing challenge you may want to contact a Magento Partner or hire a local PHP developer.  It doesn’t look like a huge task to build a custom list page.

Aaron

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community