Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Member account specific product configurables

jwpadgett

Total Posts:  69

Hello,

I’ve been quite impressed by Magento!

I am looking to create an apparel site that would allow a user to add art to a garment. The user would have a library of art; each piece of art having a set of attributes. The art would be priced based on it’s attributes, and would have a quantity break structure separate from the product it’s being applied to.

I haven’t explored Magento’s attribute system beyond the screencast, so I’m not sure if member level configurables exist at this stage, or if they ever will.

Any input would be appreciated! Keep up the great work

Jason

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the good words.

What you are requesting sounds like a custom solution based on Magento.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwpadgett

Total Posts:  69

Thanks, Yoav

I had assumed that most of this functionally would be custom, but what framework within Magento is already in place? Can attributes currently be added to customers? Would the upcoming configurable product bundle, that I’ve read about in other threads fill in some of the blanks.

I know this is a unique application of your platform, but any answers you can provide would be great

Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community