My site loads but with css files not working, for both the front and backend. I have tried the install on my site as well as a hidden test site, both with the same results.
I’ve followed the steps found in this post. I was unable to complete step 2. When attempting, I received a 404 not found, as well with step one. I have checked the permissions, and they are fine. The server does it automatically.
I was not sure what this meant or if it would relate to my problem:
Check that you have adapted the url to include the subfolder if you haven’t installed Magento in the webroot
Magento is installed in the webroot for my main site. My main site was installed in another directory then moved, the test site was installed where it is. Both have the same issue.